10

"Avada Kedavra."

The two words that were enough to scar her even more.

Tom Riddle looked at her with a satisfied look. He completely ignored the petrified look on her face.

"The panic has faded. You are no longer useless to me." Tom said in a soothing way. He circled around her, brushing her hair out of her face and resting his hands on her shoulders and leaning down to her ear.

"Don't you dare kill me now, Tom." Lilith almost whispered.

"I won't. Why would I kill you, Lilith Rosenyx?" Tom whispered. He repeated his words but now it felt more and more cold.

Lilith sharply inhaled.

"You do everything I say. That's servant behavior." Tom said, walking away from her.

"Who says I do this for you, Riddle?" Lilith exclaimed which made Tom raise his eyebrows.

"You've done everything I've said. So, I now consider you a useful partner to me." Tom said which made it seem like a business proposition.

"No, Tom. I'm not a partner to you. If anything, I'm against you. Look at what you made me do just to earn your trust." Lilith said, grabbing his forearm. She had forgotten everything about her task, blinded by the repeat of a dead body.

"You could've said no." Tom shot back in a smart manner.

Lilith let go of his forearm and realized that he was right.

She murdered someone to earn his trust when she could've said no. She had completely forgotten about the task she was assigned.

"Not a word to anyone, Riddle. What we have done tonight is far more sinful than I have expected it to be. Taking a persons life in the bathroom while the chambers remain tranquil. You're heinous." Lilith whispered as Tom leered.

"Then we'll be each other's companion, Rosenyx. The crime that happened here won't be discovered yet and the secret will remain between us." Tom uttered before leaving the bathroom.

Leaving her again but with a taken lifeless body alongside her that resembled her darkening fate. Dissociated from reality and failing at her enterprise.

Lilith looked back at the woman's sprawled body. The eyes wide shot and shockingly white. It was like staring directly in a void of pessimism.

"Evanesco." Lilith whispered with her wand pointed at the body, making it vanish forever without a proper burial or cremation.

Lilith left the dark ominous bathroom, wrapped in her satin bathrobe and no shoes, sneaking about the castle with her only source of light being the torches lit in the distance.

Lilith walked through the halls and saw a ta presence with almost white blonde hair turn a corner in a rush.

Curious, Lilith followed them close behind. From behind, she could see that they were wearing a crisp, all black suit with their hair neatly styled and debonair.

Only one person could look this distinguished and it was Abraxas Malfoy.

Abraxas was in quite a rush to go back to the dungeons and Lilith felt dumb following him, assuming he was going back to the Slytherin dormitories but he wasn't.

He missed the turn and went straight forward but stopping when he knew someone was following him. He turned around slowly, looking down to face a vacant, shocked Lilith.

Abraxas wasn't excepting or flirtatious as he normally is. Instead, he was fueled with frustration and anger as he pushed her back on the wall as if someone could see them.

"What are you doing here?" Abraxas asked in a hushed tone, the interaction was mainly just heavy breathing.

"I was wondering where you were. You seemed in a rush somewhere and it was highly unusual at this hour. Reckon you ran into a quandary. " Lilith explained to Abraxas who was still anxious.

"Go back to your dorm. It's not safe out in the cloisters in the dead of the night." Abraxas adduced.

Lilith saw Abraxas' eyes shift towards the end of the dungeons hallways at a green fireplace with floo powder on it. Abraxas was eying it discernibly.

"Where did you plan on going?" Lilith asked nosily. Abraxas bit his lip and didn't answer.

"I can't answer that right now. This is between us, right?" Abraxas said, his hands resting on her shoulders and looking down at her.

The words he said sent shivers down her spine. The way he said it was different than the way Tom said it.

The contrast between the two was slim and it was like they had the same wired brain that could manipulate her.

"Of course." Lilith said almost mutely.

She watched as Abraxas walked down the dark hallway, the footsteps growing mute.

Lilith stood in the corridor, abandoned again as she let people slip past her fingers.

-

After the event in the bathroom, the mysterious disappearance of 'Cecilia Leval' was all over the muggle and wizard news.

The Daily Prophet was even astonished at this mysterious case. Suggesting that she was possibly murdered by a wizard who the Ministry of Magic is still trying to catch.

The news died out and they came to the conclusion that Cecilia Leval was in fact, deceased.

Days grew shorter and people began to become more lightheaded and joyful.

Abraxas started talking to Lilith and flirted with her occasionally with a mask of jubilation anytime he had gotten away from the public eye which is fanatical, touch deprived girls.

Lilith went back to being a normal, open minded innocent girl that the public saw, containing a secret that she could never bare to face to divulge.

Tom Riddle was as stubborn as ever. He barely spoke to anyone and would vanish. He would eye Lilith and only spoke when spoken to. He seemed to hate Lilith even more which was the opposite of what Lilith hoped would happen.

Lilith only took a soul for him to grow closer to her and so that she could get out of this deprived stricken castle they call an exceptional aberrant school. But that was what drove him further away. He had competition.

The exact words he said were lies.

'Servant behavior' 'a useful partner'

And yet, Lilith still declined this proposition he offered that would've gotten her out quicker.

The heat of the moment seemed to have gotten into her frontal lobe that affected her to not make the right decision and therefore, she was ignorant letting her involuntary emotions take over her.

Lilith did her best to forget that even happened and decided to live like a normal student, hoping Tom would grow sick of the repetitive silence from her and stride up to her, agreeing that they become possible romantic or platonic partners.

But Tom didn't seem to give a single shit.

He only cared about the shattered reputation he was to uphold.