21

"The last and official Hogwarts quidditch match."

Lilith was let out of the Hospital Ward and returned to classes. Everything was normal and as depressing as usual. The earthquake news didn't die down and people were making conspiracies that the screams, murdering, and earthquake was all tied to Gellert Grindelwald attacking Hogwarts.

Today was the last quidditch match to decide who won the house cup. It was down to Slytherin and Gryffindor as usual.

Walking through the stadium, she found Catherine Duval sitting and cheering for Slytherin. Picking up her pace, Lilith went over to sit next to Catherine.

"Hey, Lilith. You alright?" Catherine said with a wide smile as Lilith kept a straight face and nodded. She realized that she didn't talk to Catherine as much as she used to.

Catherine wore something on her finger that caught Lilith's eye. It was a steel snake ring with a dazzling ruby in the middle. It was the same ring Tom wore at the Astronomy Tower.

"Fancy ring. Where'd you get it?" Lilith was skeptical and kept her eyes fixated on the ring. Catherine turned to look at her and shrugged.

"Tom gave it to me. He's nicer than I thought. I've been hanging out with him more ever since the Astronomy Tower incident." Catherine was smiling irrationally and flashed the ring at Lilith who cringed.

"What about Theo?" Lilith felt the empty pit in her stomach agitating her. She wanted to choke Catherine on the spot.

"Caught him cheating with some bitch from Gryffindor. He didn't even try to deny it." Catherine toyed with the ring and stifled a sniffle.

That ring only fits Tom and his soulmate.

"Do you fancy Tom?" Lilith asked in a demanding way which struck Catherine in a negative way.

"I guess so. He's charming, reserved, and handsome. He's different now that we ran into each other. It was all just a matter of timing." Catherine began smiling again, being lost in a trance.

"If I were you, I'd break it off before a nightmare comes your way." Rosenyx was calm and watched as Catherine's smile slowly dropped.

"What?"

"I said to watch your back." Lilith answered plainly as Professor Dippet stepped up on the podium and held his wand to his throat.

"Welcome everyone to the final quidditch match of the year." Dippet began and everyone began cheering, different sides chanting for Slytherin or Gryffindor.

"Silence! Now, I have to regard issues that has emerged upon Hogwarts. Many events have happened this year such as attacks, vicious screams of violence, earthquakes, news of a powerful wizard breaking loose. But we shall not let that affect us. We have put Hogwarts under strict precautions and proceeding with the rule of having a professor with you at all times." Professor Dippet and people began too boo and talk over him.

"With that, this match will decide who wins the house cup. Slytherin against Gryffindor." Professor Dippet stepped off the podium as silence took over the stadium and it seemed as if everything dimmed.

Sounds of a lion and roaring was emerging, quiet but progressively growing louder and louder. The Gryffindor side of the stadium began chanting Gryffindor', getting louder with each syllable.

As the chants got louder, Lilith noticed a student raising something that seemed like a lion and held their wand to it, making it roar loudly, echoing throughout the stadium.