2

Back to April 6th, 1944: Hogwarts.

"Everyone, give her a warm welcome and we will begin the sorting." Dippet said as the students remained silent with some 'hello's' here and there.

Lilith looked over at the Slytherin table where she would've expected Tom Riddle to be but since Dippet didn't give any description on what he looked like, she couldn't find him.

Lilith sat on the stool and Dippet pulled out a musty large brown hat.

Dippet placed the hat on her head and the hat leaped in fear.

"This is very difficult. Smart like a Ravenclaw but cunning like a Slytherin. I have never seen eagerness and power like this from anyone. Ah! I know... Slytherin!" The hat exclaimed.

The Slytherin table burst into applause and they hollered while the other houses looked disappointed.

Lilith walked to the Slytherin table and sat next to a boy who didn't seem bothered to even look up.

Lilith admired him and saw that he had beautiful black locks that were styled effortlessly and a facial structure like a God. He had piercing yet daring eyes that looked dangerous. Lilith got chills just looking at him.

The boy finally looked at her, his eyes glaring at her intently through his dark eyebrows. A strand of hair was loose and dangled over his eye.

Lilith noticed that he was holding a book with messy cursive handwriting written all over the pages. Her gaze lingered over his hands more. His fingers were delicate and held onto the cover of the book with his thumb pressed between the spine of the pages. Steel rings on his slender fingers that all looked like they belonged in a historical museum.

"I'm Lilith Rosenyx." Lilith said with a fake smile, hoping that this was Tom Riddle. God, if this was Tom Riddle, she was going to have to get past his stunning looks.

"Tom. Tom Riddle." He replied, taking a particularly long time with his syllables as his eyes continued to stay stuck on her.

Jackpot.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked, acknowledging the empty spaces around him and he moved his hand from his book to his face, his fingers pressing against his chin.

"As much as I'd love to have the honor of sitting with Slytherin's new candy," Tom's voice had a sense of sarcasm and charm. A confusing mixture. "These seats are occupied." He didn't bother to flash a grin or anything.

The feast had already started and Lilith was still left denied.

A presence came up behind her and the smell of peppermint arose.

"He's a bit feisty. I tried talking to him but he shut me off. I guess people need their space." A boy mumbled in her ear behind her.

Lilith turned around to see a tall boy with blonde hair and green eyes look down at her.

"You can come sit with me and my friends." The boy said with a smile.

Lilith looked over at the black haired boy and back at the blonde hair boy.

If she was going to stay here, she might as well make the most of it.

"Sure." Lilith said, flashing a smile that made the boy blush. He extended a hand for her to take and she did as he guided her to the other end of the table.

Lilith looked back at the black haired boy who didn't acknowledge that she had just left.

Lilith sat down at a table with the blonde haired boy and two other boys and a girl.