22

Tom pulled Lilith away from the scene, behind Abraxas' back.

He tightened his grip on Lilith's wrist as he pulled her into the castle, pacing with her throughout the halls.

"What about Abraxas?" Lilith asked, out of breath as Tom continued to rush through the corridors.

"I could care less." Tom said through bared teeth. He saw the entrance to the girls lavatory and sped up, dragging Lilith along.

"What are you doing?" Lilith asked but Tom didn't respond. He pulled her into the lavatory and locked the door.

"Tom." Lilith was out of breath and she fixated on Tom. He walked to the sink and kept his back facing Lilith.

"You wanted to know who opened the chamber of secrets. Who the heir of Slytherin was." Tom's voice was especially perplexing.

"What are you talking about?" Lilith heaved. Her heart was at her stomach, beating as fast as it could.

"Don't act foolish. I'm always one step ahead of you." Riddle's words shook her to her core as he kept his eyes fixated on the sink.

Lilith's heart dropped to her stomach. This was unusual even for Tom. His manners and debonair behavior caught onto her.

The whole room darkened as hissing noises were heard all around the room. It was incoherent and seeped into Lilith's ears, feeding into her mind making it seem milked of all her surroundings.

The hissing, snake talk got louder as Tom raised his hand. The sink seemed to open, rumbling shook the castle.

Lilith felt the room get dark slowly. Blinking it away, she looked back at the open sink but Tom wasn't there. No trace of him left.

An arm snaked around her waist, pulling her back against a hard chest as another hand crept up to her mouth, a vial pressing up against her lips.

"Open wide." Lilith heard Tom's voice. His tone had changed to be lewd.

With slight hesitation and no other thought in Lilith's head, she opened her mouth and felt Tom grin deviously as grabbed her face, pulling her face up and pouring the liquid in her mouth.

Tom closed Lilith's lips and pressed his fingers on her cheeks, bending down to reach her ear.

"Swallow."

Lilith hesitantly swallowed as the liquid glided down her throat. A harsh sting in the back of her throat with a bitter aftertaste.

She felt the world around her become small and it was underwhelming. She felt euphoric.

Riddle pushed her forward lightly and she walked towards the sink, not stopping until Tom pulled her back with his hand on her stomach.

"Careful. I wouldn't want you to fall again without my assistance." Tom sneered as Lilith scoffed.

"I don't need your assistance." Her words slipped out of her mouth with no regrets.

"You won't be saying that later on."

Tom took a step forward, holding Lilith tightly as they both fell in the pits of bones.

Lilith coughed, the sharp bones pressing on her skin, leaving red marks on her skin.

She looked around and saw Tom already on his feet, looking down a hallway.

Getting up, Tom looked back at her with a stone cold look.

"What is this?" Lilith looked at the bones and the large hallway that led to a dark end.

"It's better if you don't ask ignorant questions. It's clear to see that you are in the chamber of secrets." Riddle kicked the bones as he walked down the hallway in a haughty way.

It clicked.

Tom was the heir of Slytherin.

He's in charge of the attacks.

She completed her tasks.

Yet, she felt so empty. This wasn't it, there was something else he wasn't telling her.

There was something else about Tom. He didn't care that he was exposing something. He was hiding something else.

"You..." Lilith mumbled under her breath.

"Your thoughts are loud. You don't need to say it." Tom said, his voice echoing throughout the chamber.

Lilith looked around but didn't see him anywhere and she didn't notice that she was walking further into the chamber.

It was like Tom was controlling her mind. She didn't know what she was doing.

There was a vault opening at the near end of the chamber. Lilith stepped in and saw a long hallway with snakes on each side of the hallway. A tall figure stood at the end of the hallway.

It was like deja vu seeing Tom at the top of the Astronomy Tower. His presence taking over everything around him, making him like a God compared to everyone else with his superiority.

"Tom?" She felt her head spinning. Nothing was the same. It was like Tom was so close yet so far, out of her reach.

"Closer."

Lilith heard Tom's deep voice hissing in her ear and in her body.

She continued walking closer to the figure, the only noises she heard were the echoed hissing around the chamber.

Getting closer, Tom extended his hand to reach for Lilith and she did the same, reaching for Tom's hand.

It was like a mind game.

You didn't know what was right or wrong.

It was all a gamble for your life.

Lilith leaped forward and grabbed Tom's hand as he pulled her to his chest.

Her thoughts invaded every inch of her.

Everything was closing in on them. Only her, Tom, and her thoughts.

She yearned for more than she had already achieved. She completed her task. She knew who the heir of Slytherin is but she wanted something else that she never thought she'd get.

"Say it." Tom whispered. Lilith heard the smile in his voice. He knew what she was thinking.

Tom was like intoxication. Lilith only wanted him more.

"Why can't you want me like everyone else?" She looked up at Tom and his lips curved. His eyes not matching his deceitful smile that made Lilith freeze.

His hand brushed against her skin and he grabbed her face, his silver rings pressing on her face.

Bending down, Tom lifted her face.

"Because I already have you."

His words wrapped around her head as she pulled on his collar.

"Prove it."

The two words slipped out of her mouth as Tom tensed. She pulled more on his collar, tugging him down towards her.

Tom looked at her with narrow eyes and a tired smirk, he brushed his finger across her lips and leaned in closer to her face.

Their faces were inches away from each other and Tom's lips were brushing against Lilith's.

Lilith couldn't think of anything else. Her mind was completely blank.

Tom stopped leaning in closer and looked straight into Lilith's eyes.

"I don't need to prove what has already been proven."