25

Days after the quidditch match, everything seemed to be normal as graduation was nearing towards the seventh years.

Ice on the grass and the cold temperature that stings you. The only sense of warmth in students was the fact that exams were ending, thus nearing the final dance.

Lilith went about her days without talking to Tom. She couldn't bring herself to. She knew it was her task to get closer with him but she did her job and it was time for her to rest.

Foolishly, she hadn't told Professor Dumbledore yet. Now wasn't the right time. A strong feeling rushed through her veins. It was either fear or worry.

Thoughts that occupied her mind never went away. It was always there and it always came back to Tom fucking Riddle.

"Everybody, I'd like you all to meet our new dance instructor, Madame Charlotte. Came here from Beauxbatons to instruct all of you," The head of Ravenclaw stared at a group of boys snickering, "to become proper to fit our etiquette. This ball's theme is swan lake and surely, you've all heard of that. It's become quite popular in muggle culture."

The girls giggled as the boys groaned.

"My father told me about it. Said he saw the performance and thought it was phenomenal. He's going to take me soon." A girl boasted to her friend with a prideful smile on her face.

Lilith didn't make any comment as she looked over at the boys section, seeing Abraxas staring at her already and his mates surrounding him with shoves as they teased him.

"You will all pair up and stay with your partner for the dance. However, as to your guys' disappointment, I will be choosing partners." Madame Charlotte spoke, a collection of groans were heard over her words, a protest.

"We will be doing an organized dance with lessons every Saturday evening. This is not an opportunity to miss." Her words were stern as the scoffs stopped.

Rest of the discussion went as the dance instructor lectured and demonstrated the true meaning of dance. There was a point where a student even fell asleep.

"Boys line up to the left and girls line up to the right. I want single file lines everybody. Chop Chop." Madame Charlotte clapped as a bustle of students all stood up and made way.

Lilith, getting shoved, tried to cooperate as more and more people kept shoving. If it was already going this bad, Lord knows how it'd go at the event.

"I'll partner you up and you will each oblige. I want no protests, only union." She scanned the students who were now quiet and still. "Perfect. Let's get started."

"Abraxas Malfoy with Millie McCormick, Damien Waters with Catherine Duval, Tobias Greene with Sheila Shermon." The list went on and on as the pairs made brief eye contact with each other, wanting to know what they're dealing with.

"Nathaniel Burdeon with Lily Franks, Tom Riddle with Lilith Rosenyx, Henry Castille with Elizabeth Clearwater."

Lilith shot daggers at Tom who had no sense of emotion on his face. Just straight faced and cold like usual. Lilith scoffed as she looked at Abraxas who made a compassionate look towards her, he flashed a smile.

The ball didn't seem so exciting anymore, knowing that she'd be dancing closely with a fallen angel who'd struck her. A murderer. A cold hearted murderer who couldn't feel love even if he was given the opportunity.

-

After the late lesson, Lilith browsed in the dim library, skimming through books to study for her potions project. It was a paired effort and due to the arrangements of Lilith having to get closer to Tom, they were inevitably paired again. But, it was better if Lilith did it alone.