Chapter 25: The Puppeteer

Eyes lazy for the truthAm I, still waiting like aLamb to the slaughterDoes your God believe in you?

Am I, still waiting like a
Lamb to the slaughter
Does your God believe in you?

I gulped and leaned in. Almost near her lips. But before I could plant my lips on hers, my arms go through her waist and my face through hers.

Not now!

I pulled away and sighed. She chuckled "I guess this was the new time record." I nodded and she walked away to my dresser. Her back facing me.

I took a deep breath  in "So what song next?" She didn't answer. Her head hung low but she remained quiet. I asked again "Blue, are you okay?" Before I could even take a step towards her, she held her head up, looking me through the mirror with an expressionless face.

It made me a little worried that she wasn't responding.

She smiled through the mirror "Hello, Sage." Turning around, she looked around the room "Nice room. Very... teenage for my taste."

What?

I said "Blue-" but she cut me off "Nah-uh. Think again." I furrowed my brows but she rolled her eyes "Need a hint?" She looked to my closed door as Margaret came in with a smile, saying "I'm everywhere." I heard from behind "Behind you." I turned around to the bent neck lady as she spoke and slowly her body rises in mid-air with her bent neck "Above you." I turned around again as it was Blue who said again "In front of you."

Goosebumps trailed all over my body as I looked at Blue acting like someone else. All of them vanished except for Blue. I stuttered "W-who are you and what do you want?" She put her hands inside her jeans pocket "Oh that's easy... you."

"Dead?"

"No, silly! I want you to join me."

"Why in god's earth would I join you?"

She shrugged "I don't know because I'm powerful and I control ghosts. There are lots of things that I can teach you, Sage." I took a step back away from her "How do you know my name?" She took a step closer to me "I've had my eyes on you since the day you entered the forest of the dead. When you visited your precious Gabriel. A heartwarming reunion I'd say."

The realization dawned on me "Y-y-you killed Blue." He hissed "I so wished that you won't bring that up. I agree, not one of my finest moments but everyone has a bad day. You do too sometimes, don't you?"

This person was a complete psycho!

She came closer "I'm telling you, Sage, join me as I will help you to reach your full potential. I will teach you how to control them. I will teach you how to manipulate their minds. How to manipulate their body. You know we're all the same. Me, you, and Gabriel. But that son of a bitch is too prideful to learn his abilities. He did it once and wussed out."

Uncle Gabriel too?

She continued "You and I, imagine the power we can handle. Imagine how we can be kings. Side by side, you and me with just one little sacrifice." My stupid ass asked "What sacrifice?" She replied "One little journal from your uncle. The journal is the key to unlock your powers. To make you powerful. To make you realize that you are so much more than a stupid whiny teenager." She pointed at me "Through you, we can even bring Caden to our side too." I shook my head "I won't have a hole in my soul like you, murderer." She rolled her eyes "Your uncle knows how to put the drama in drama queen. It's just a little black spot, Sage. Not a hole. A spot." She said lowly "A spot that won't even bother you once you taste power as I have. Like I did. Once you learn to hustle with them, you'll make me your BFF." She tried to come closer but I shouted: "Get away from me!" She chuckled "And you'll do what? You're weak, Sage, you always we're. You don't have enough power to save this precious ghost of Blue. You don't have the power to send me away."

My door busted open and in came Caden with an iron bat swinging, "He already has a BFF. He doesn't need two!" He whispered, "I'm sorry, BooBoo." Swinging his bat right at her as she vanished like amber ashes in the air.

I sighed in relief, sitting down in my bed. Shaking from what just happened. Caden put his hand on my shoulder "You okay? Did she hurt you?" I shook my head and asked, "Why are you here?" He shrugged "Figure if you won't come to me, I'd come to you. Good thing I did or your ass would've been ghosted, literally." When he knew I wasn't in for his sarcastic comments, he said "Tell me what he said."

X

"I take long salt baths when I have a bad day. NOT KILL PEOPLE!" Said Caden as I finally finished telling him what the killer told me through Blue. I sighed "Caden, the killer was after the journal. He wanted it. He said that the journal was a key."

Slowly, flashbacks of uncle Gabriel invaded my mind when he told me to keep the journal sage no matter what.

"A key to what, Sage?" asked Caden

"A key on how to manipulate them. How to control just like he did yesterday in front of the retirement home. My guy says that he was behind the attacks in the forest too. Uncle Gabriel said that the ghosts can't come out from the forest unless someone is controlling them. That only can mean that he controlled that ghost that got in the car and almost choked me to death."

I sighed as Caden didn't have any words to speak. I continued "He also said that Gabriel knows how to control them, yet he lied to us that he didn't." Caden shook his head "Sage, maybe he lied to you because he doesn't want you to go through what he's already gone through. You've read the entries in the journal. You can see the pain in his words. The longing for freedom or something." I nodded my head "You're right but I'm terrified now. I saw how he controlled multiple ghosts at once. I saw it with my own eyes. That's why uncle Gabriel told Blue that she messed with something powerful. Someone powerful. We met him today and yet we still don't know who he could be, Caden." I spoke with fear laced in my voice "I'm worried that he might come after my parents."

The fact that I talked to someone who killed Blue, saw him control her makes me sick to my stomach. Makes my heart ache.

What am I gonna do?

•••••

Did you like this chapter?

Huh?
Hmm?
Did you?
Did ya?!

Please vote! Heheh

What do you think will happen next? Will Sage keep getting these visits from our "Murderer"? Tell me your thoughts in the comments.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

See you in the next chapter soon.

Follow me on Instagram @HopeCrazyReader17 for some cool WKBJ aesthetics!

Bye!

Love, Hope
♥️♥️