Chapter 6: Blue

I was getting ready for Caden's birthday

Looking myself in the mirror, I wore... well you can see for yourself.

Do I look good? Would you date me?

Yeah, me neither.

I was honestly a little nervous to go to that party. I knew Caden was popular... I mean I could see it with my own eyes. But still, bubbles were building up in my stomach that I hated.

You're thinking what happened after the shower? Yeah, nothing. That was the last I've seen of him. Other than that, it's been quiet and I like that and I hope it keeps being like that.

I walked down the stairs and saw mom and dad sitting on the couch, watching TV together. I went beside him and asked"Dad? Can I have the car for my friend's party?" He smiled"Of course. You know where the keys are. Be careful and drive save, Sage." I nodded and walked to the key hooks beside the door and grabbed his car key.

I drove to Caden's house and it was blooming with people. I think the whole school was here.

I parked the car at the end of the street because there was no parking at all. As I walked up, I passed by a girl in the other direction. But it was only a glance.

Walking through the door, I bent down on instinct before the football could hurt me in the face. And then I was welcomed by the birthday man himself. "SAAAAAGE!" He engulfed me in a hug and pulled away. Looking at me with a lazy smile. I asked, "Are you drunk?" He shook his head"The correct term would be a little buzzed." He had an unknown girl in his arm as he walked back into the opening of the crowd. The music was loud that it was hard to hear anything.

I looked at the vanilla cake on the table that said 'Happy Birthday Cad-' the E and N alphabet looked like it was smeared off purposely by a frosting thief.

Looking at Caden from a distance, he strode to me with two cups in his hand. He handed one of the cups to me and said"Bottoms up, BFF." I sighed and did it. I took the disgusting and smelly shot. It was strong to get me to choke on my saliva that I ended up coughing hard that Caden found amusing. I asked, "What's in it?" He chuckled and said like he was thinking"Hmm... let's see.." he started counting on his fingers"Bourbon, vodka, scotch, tequila...obviously, and a little bit of lemon juice. Did you like it? It's my recipe." I answered honestly"No." but I don't think he took it the correct way as he said"I knew something was missing. It needs more tequila, don't you think?" I shook my head trying to stop him but he went back to the keg where he got the drinks from and shouted"SAGE SAYS I NEED MORE TEQUILA! BRING ME TEQUILA! WHERE IS MY TEQUILA?!"