Chapter 31: Decisions... Decisions... Decisions

Choose your words before you speakCan you see that all you've got is time?Woah nowSave yourself

Can you see that all you've got is time?
Woah now
Save yourself

He said "Sage, we need to go. Now!" I pulled out the USB and kept the laptop as it was. Running to the bed, I straighten the sheets out where Caden sat and ran out his room and out the house, locking it behind me and putting the key back in the pot. As it was.

Running to his car, we sat, and before I could say something, he scolded "Not a word until we're safe, Sage."

X

He drove fast to the point I was panicking inside but I didn't say much.

We reached his house.

Walking inside, he locked the doors, turned on the security system, locked the windows until we were completely locked inside the house. His house.

I showed him the USB "Caden, we have proof now. Solid proof. We have proof and the drug bag. We know how he killed her, Caden."

It wasn't a hard theory, honestly.

He must've called her to him, drugged her up, and left her to die in her car. It wasn't that hard to figure out. It all made sense. What else could you expect from a druggie?

(Play the song!)

Caden paced back and forth with red eyes, holding his head and exhaling harshly through his nose. Looking up like he was calming himself down and whispered to himself "No no no no no no no." He coughed and looked at me. He said "Please tell me this is a nightmare. Please tell me when I wake up, I'll be in my bedroom with Blue banging on the door to wake me up for school. Please tell me this is a fucking nightmare, Sage. Please tell me that my baby sister didn't die in a car crash, please tell me that she wasn't drugged up and murdered. Please please please." He broke down, falling on his knees and crying out loud "Please tell me that you're my imaginary friend that hasn't moved to this town yet. Please, Sage. Please. Please tell me she's in her room dancing out loud to fucking Harry Styles blasting on her speakers. Please tell me she's at a friend's house learning new cheering moves."

He wrapped his arms around himself, looking down and crying. Rocking back and forth as his face turned red. He screamed, "PLEASE TELL ME MY BOOBOO IS ALIVE AND NOT BURIED SIX FEET UNDER!"

My heart pounded as he said that. My heart was gutted when he said all those things. And there was a big part of that wish it was true. It wishes that I never moved here, never met him, never saw her, never talk to her, lesser pain. I wiped the tear that was falling down my cheeks and sat on the floor beside him. Taking him in my arms, he cried on my shoulder out loud as I tried to hold back my tears. Slowly rubbing his back, he cried out "Why was she taken away from me so soon?"

I sat there for him I don't know how long.

X

We drove to the cemetery as per Caden's request.