Chpater 27: Polaroid

'Cause your memory means so much to meAnd I need to stay strongI want to give, it's a shame to knowYou're not coming backI'll wait a hundred years, I'll cry a million tearsTill you're back, till you're back, come back now

And I need to stay strong
I want to give, it's a shame to know
You're not coming back
I'll wait a hundred years, I'll cry a million tears
Till you're back, till you're back, come back now

SAGE POV

I sighed at what I had just read and I knew deep down that Jenna was more to him than a cell buddy.

I looked at the watch and it 11:00 pm. I need to show this to Caden too but how could I walk out?

I slide my window open and looked down. I was on the top floor but I knew I could make this happen. I grabbed my backpack and put the journal in as well as the iron baseball bat just in case if the murderer decides to show up again.

Grabbing my skateboard, throwing it in the thick bush so it wouldn't make a sound. I slowly climbed out to the roof, I carefully went to the edge. There was a giant wall of grill connected to the pillar. I climbed down the grill and shifted my weight to the pillar, hugging it for dear life as I slowly went down without making a sound.

When I finally reached the ground, my legs began shaking like jelly but I shook the feeling off. Grabbing my skateboard I glided on it as fast as I could to Caden's house.

X

I punched in the code and walk through the main door and punched in another code before the alarms could go off.

Going up the stairs to his room, I went in and saw him sleeping. Slowly walking to him, I shook his shoulder "Caden." I shake again "Caden." I say out loud this time "Caden!" Which ends up with me getting punched in the gut.

I grabbed my stomach in pain as I fell on the floor trying not to scream. He turned on the lights and said in his groggy voice "What the fuck are you doing here at midnight?" I answered him through the pain "Why the fuck would you punch me?" He rolled his eyes "Sneaking in the house and trying to wake up someone from a dream will end up with a punch in the gut. And don't be a cry baby, it wasn't that hard." I scoffed "You punched me with your lion ring, idiot!" He looked at his hand and then at me with a nervous smile "Oops."

He got up from his bed and grabbed me, helping me up. I sat on his bed as he went to the mini-fridge in his room and took out a can of Mountain Dew. Passing it to me, I put the cold can against the place where he punched me. He stretched with a yawn "Why did you wake me up from my beauty sleep?" I passed him the journal from my bag "Jenna."

"Jenna who?"

"Uncle Gabriel contacted me. I kind of got mad at him about why didn't he helped us when we were stuck in his room. He only said the word Jenna and hung up on me."

He asked, "Did you read it?" I nodded "A little bit. I only got to the part where he told how he met Jenna but I thought I should read the rest with you." He opened the page where I kept a bookmark and started reading out loud.