Chapter 2: Creepy House

I shivered in my room

First nights are not particularly easy to sleep in a new house. It was cold too in my room that even my trusted blanket couldn't protect me.

I got up from my bed, annoyed that why I couldn't sleep and walked out of my room. Going downstairs, I looked at my parents' room and the door was closed. There wasn't even any light under the door space. I sighed and climbed down the other stairs, going down to the kitchen to get myself a glass of milk.

Maybe that'll help.

Being in the new house was still so foreign to me. I had to think of the way to the kitchen before I walked there in the dark. But I managed.

I walked and accidentally ran into the hard box on my way. I whispered in pain"Fudger me." Slightly rubbing the area where I got hurt, hoping it'll be all okay. But I continued to make my way to the kitchen. Taking a glass out of the opened box on the counter, I lightly rinsed it with water in the sink, and then I heard little footsteps. Like somebody was walking on their tippy toes. I looked to my right but nothing. No one.

Sage, it's a new house. You'll be hearing loads of weird stuff until you get used to it. And that's a fact.

Honestly, the house itself was pretty scary at night. The cabinets were dark that it gave suspense feel to it. And I hadn't turned on the light because I'm an idiot and far too lazy to walk seven more steps to the light switch.

I opened the fridge and bent down to get the milk from the bottom shelf

I opened the fridge and bent down to get the milk from the bottom shelf. But just as I did, I felt somebody standing behind, watching as the hair on my neck crawled up. I looked behind me and there was no one.

Again... Sage, this is a new house.

But that didn't work. I grabbed the milk carton. Ran upstairs like somebody was chasing me with a knife. I knew it wasn't true but my body doesn't think that way.

I ran up to my room and in. Closing the door and turning on the lights. I looked at the milk in my hand and remembered that I had forgotten the glass. I whispered to myself as the logical part of my brain mocked me for being scared for no reason"Such wuss." I looked at the milk again.