Chapter 42: Day Dreams

Am I in your headHalf as often as you on my mind?If I don't make sensePlease, forgive me, I can't sleep at nightAt least, not alone

Am I in your head
Half as often as you on my mind?
If I don't make sense
Please, forgive me, I can't sleep at night
At least, not alone

I laugh as she dances to Harry Styles blasting in her room. Her blonde hair swept left and right, the opposite direction of her hips as she screamed the lyrics at the top of her lungs. She looks at me, singing to me, and comes to grab my hand. I pull her down to my lap and kiss her cheek but she gets up and pulls me up with a smile "Dance with me!" I say "We should be studying!" Pointing at the mess of books and papers on the floor but she shakes her head "Dancing time!"

I finally give in and dance with her. My hands around her waist as we swayed left and right to the music. I couldn't be happier at this moment. This was my heaven. She was my heaven.

She jumps up and down, bare feet, giggling every time as she holds on to me, glowing. I could tell she was out of breath but she never stopped. She never stopped jumping. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me, stopping her from jumping anymore. She throws her head back laughing and then rests her sweaty forehead against mine, giggling nonstop. I watched her with a smile on my face and kissed her wet forehead, pushing her curly hair back behind her ear. She wraps her arms around my neck and touched her nose with mine, slightly rubbing the tip of her nose against mine. I hold her tighter and jump backward on her bed, gaining this playful shriek that I adore. I press my lips against hers as my hand slides to the back of her head, holding her in place. She lets out a sigh of satisfaction against my lips and I kiss her smile. We pull back and she looks down at me with her big blue eyes as a strand of her hair falls on my forehead. I remove it and push it back behind her ear. She grabs my beanie and slides it off my head, keeping it beside us, and runs her small thin fingers in my brown hair.

I remove my hand from the back of her hand and put it against her cheeks, staining her skin with blood.

Blood?

I look at my hand and it was filled with blood. Before I could speak, she prints her lips on mine but I don't kiss her back in shock. She pulls back and starts tapping on my cheeks, crying "Wake up. Please, Sage, I beg you. Wake up!"

PLAY THE SONG

My eye pries open and I'm suddenly welcomed by more pain. I look at Crescent as she drives with tears falling down her cheeks nonstop, crying aloud. Her cold hand on my cheek as she cries "Wake up. Please, Sage, I beg you. Wake up!" The only thing I can manage to say to her is "I'm sorry." The car stops and she asks "Where's the key?" I struggle to get it out of my pocket but I eventually do and pass it to her. She grabs them and puts them in her pocket and gets out of the car. She opens my door and helps me out too.