Chapter 44: Murder Night

5 4 3 2 1He holds the gun against my headI close my eyes and bang I am deadI know he knows that he's killing me for mercy

5 4 3 2 1
He holds the gun against my head
I close my eyes and bang I am dead
I know he knows that he's killing me for mercy

SHERIFF POV

Oh, I enjoy things tremendously. I enjoy  Caden and Sage running around town just to find the murderer, I do. Certainly enjoyed it when they couldn't figure that it was me all along.

Adorable pain in the ass, they are.

But the enjoyment was over at the night in the cemetery. The way he burned Gerard's ghost- I almost got hurt if I hadn't pulled back with the control over him. I saw his power that exact night. He's stronger, stronger than Gabriel ever was or I ever could be. If he kept this up, I know he'd be able to beat me in a heartbeat. But luck was at my side because I know the pain of the hole that slowly grows inside you. It's more like a black hole carving itself inside you, making his place, dominating you. I've been there and I quite enjoy it too.

No fear, no pain, no remorse.

I walk inside the old home when they were keeping old man Gabriel. I smiled as the nurse at the reception that was reading erotica with earphones in her ears and I swiftly passed her and made my way towards Gabriel's room.

I could knock but where's the fun in that.

I walk inside and grabbed him as he slept peacefully in his bed. I said, "You and your nephew have been a great pain." He wasn't stronger than me but still managed to push me away. He says "I know who you are." I smile "Thanks, I feel like a celebrity already."

"I know you killed Blue Jones."

"Now, where would you get that delicious idea?"

He replies "I've been in her head. I've seen the last moments of her life." I coo "And yet, you still haven't told your nephew, why?" He tries to stay as far away as possible but I wasn't having that. I wasn't here for a girl talk.

He says with a smile "He's close, isn't he? He's close to finding out about you. That's why you're here, to finish me first." I said "You know, Gabriel, you're smart. It hurts me that I have to waste such talent but what hurts me the most is that you never went back. You were almost out the gates with your girl, defeating everyone with an army beside you, who would kill for you without question. I know how you made them possess the guards and you controlled them as they were inside their bodies. And it wasn't even your fault that you failed. It was your girl's... Jenna, was it?" Jenna was such a weak topic for Gabriel and I loved manipulating him with her name "One little slip, one single guard tackled her to the ground and she lost all control while you stopped just so you could help her." I cackled "Pathetic ass, you were. You were almost out the gates, almost out to get your revenge on your father. That's what you wanted, wasn't it? You promised Jenna that you wanted to be with her forever but you had other things cooking inside your mind."