Lams: Cats ❤️

Alexander sat on John's shoulders, his legs wrapped around his husband's neck as they trekked through the streets of New York. He munched on a candy bar whilst doing so, occasionally giving John an offerable bite. They both ignored the hateful stares they got from passerby, sometimes even teasing them by exchanging a loving kiss or even grabbing the other's ass. John joked with Alexander about all the times they'd done so as they walked across a crosswalk.

"And the guy with the flat cap, y'know like a newsie?" Alexander joked, giggling like a child and curling his fingers through John's hair.

"Oh right, the guy who flipped us off after I slapped your ass!" John laughed out loud, wrapping his arms under Alexander's thighs to hold him up. "Yeah, that was probably my favorite." John and Alexander both laughed softly, turning a corner close to their house.

"Hey, wait stop here, I gotta throw my wrapper away." Alex tapped John on the shoulder and pointed to an alley, where a dumpster sat. "Alright, but be quick! We gotta finish The Amazing Race, remember? Will and James, that cute couple we like are in the lead and I think they're gonna win!" Alexander gasped happily and squealed a little as John walked into the alley.

As Alexander tossed his wrapper into the dumpster, a strange rustling sound filled his ears. John didn't seem to notice, turning to walk out of the alley. Alexander tapped his shoulder and leapt off of him. "Wait, wait. Somethin's in here."

"Then we shouldn't be in here, what if it's a rabid dog?" John grabbed his husband's hand, pulling him towards the entrance of the alley. Alexander pulled his hand away, slowly sneaking over behind the dumpster to search. "Shhh, be quiet." He crouched down close to the ground, disappearing behind the dumpster. John rolled his eyes, folding his arms and impatiently waiting for Alexander to finish whatever nonsense he was up to.

A tiny mewling sound followed by a gasp from Alexander was what intrigued John's interest, walking forward behind the dumpster to see Alexander bundled over on the floor. "Lex?"

Alexander turned his head, followed by the rest of his body with a wide smile on his face. He held a small object in a wrap of his shirt from the bottom, his thumb moving against it. "Lexi? What is.. what is that?" John's interest spiked immensely when another small mewl came from the object, when John realized it was no object at all. That was a creature. Alexander smiled and opened his shirt slightly, revealing a disheveled, dirty and matted tabby kitten, with beautiful yellow eyes and a small pink nose. It's eyes were crusted over almost entirely and was repeatedly wheezing under its breath. John gasped, covering his mouth and tearing up at the horrid sight. "Oh my god.. who the hell would throw this little thing out?" John walked forward, cupping under Alex's shirt. The kitten was so small and fragile, like it would shatter into a billion pieces if you grabbed it too hard.

"I don't know, but it's ours now, discussion over." Alexander walked out of the alley and quickly down the block towards their shared apartment, leaving a confused John behind to follow. "Wait, we can't just take it home! What if it doesn't have shots yet? What if it has rabies?"

"Then I'll get rabies. Either way, we're taking care of this kitten, whether you agree with me or not." John opened the door for Alexander once they got to their apartment building, both of them walking up the steps to the third floor. "But Lex, what if it has an owne-"

"It won't have an owner, it was thrown out on the street and I don't give a shit what you tell me, we're nursing it back to health!" Alexander snapped, shooting John a glare as he reached the third floor. John, a little taken aback by Alexander's rare outburst, politely opened the door to their apartment and allowed him to walk through first. "Okay."

Alexander walked into the hallway, reaching a small closet door and throwing it open. He reached up and grabbed a thick furred blanket, to make sure the kitten felt warm as if it's mother was here. Then, he wrapped the kitten up in the blanket and walked into the kitchen, grabbing the milk from the fridge and pouring it into a gatorade bottle cap. John watched all of this in total confusion, having never had a pet before. "What on Earth are you doing?"

"I'm preparing milk so it can have at least a little nutrition." He adjusted the kitten in his arms and dipped his pinky in the warm milk, dabbing it onto the kittens mouth. "Come on, open your mouth please.." The kitten gladfully opened its tiny mouth, suckling roughly on Alexander's finger to get the milk. He smiled and continued this process of dipping his finger until the entire bottle cap of milk was gone and the kitten no longer wanted more.

"There you go, good job!" Alex smiled wide, cuddling the kitten close to him. "We gotta give you a bath, too."

"I'll help you." John offered, walking into the bathroom and grabbing the shampoo bottle. Alex followed gladly, turning on the water to a warm setting. John took the kitten from his husband's arms and unraveled the blanket, gently stroking the kittens cheek. "Don't worry, you'll be nice and warm after you dry."

"Since when were you alright with this?" Alex shot John a smirk as he prepared a towel to warm the kitten once the bath was over. John nudged Alexander playfully and laughed, holding the kitten in one arm. "Since I realized you weren't going to let me make the choice."

Alexander made an offensive sound and gasped, placing a dramatic hand over his chest. "How dare you!"

"I'm just kiddin' with you, calm down! I knew how much you wanted to save the kitten, so I let you." John smiled and lowered the cat into the warm water, cupping his hand under the faucet and dumping it all over the shaking kitten. Alexander blushed slightly and grabbed the shampoo, dumping a generous amount onto his hand and scrubbing the cat.

Once the kitten was clean and rid of dirt, they pulled her out of the bath, having found out her gender whilst they were bathing her. Alex wrapped the small kitten in the towel, scrubbing the excess water out of her fur. "See? That wasn't so bad, and now you can rest and we'll make sure you're warm." Alex smiled down at the kitten, stroking her damp fur.

{Time Skip, A Year Later}

"Alexander, hurry up your small legs and get in here!" John whispered while holding Hermione, their rescue cat in his arms. She swayed her tail back and forth and gently kneaded her paws into his shirt, purring loudly. Alex hurried into the apartment, holding a tiny ball of blankets. "I'm hurrying, I'm hurrying!" Alexander whispered back, with a giggle at the end as he shut the door.

"Okay okay, Hermione, we brought you a present!" Hermione lifted her head, lazily looking at Alexander and flicking her ears. She simply meowed and laid her head back down only to be set down by John. "Come on, bubbas. You're going to love it, just- oh my god." Hermione, the moment she was set down, collapsed onto her side and rolled onto her back, lazily flattening her body against the floor. John facepalmed and took the ball Alexander had in his hands, unraveling it partially and setting it on the floor.

The ball began moving, the blankets surrounding the small creature unfolding and revealing a beautiful black kitten, bright green eyes and a grey nose. Hermione seemed interested now, sitting up and folding her ears back. The kitten immediately got up, waddling himself over to Hermione and suckling under her belly. John and Alexander both laughed at the way Hermione spun her head around and lifted one of her front paws up, examining the little kitten below her.

"Think she likes him?" John laughed under his breath, crouching down and petting the kittens back. Hermione slowly laid back down, keeping her ears folded back as she watched the kitten. "Probably, just needs a little time to adjust."

"Mhm. So what should we name him?"

Alexander sat down on the floor and pet Hermione's ears softly, smiling as he thought of an idea. "Hmm, Ron!" He giggled and looked up at John, who had a smirk on his face. "Ron? I prefer Harry, but this was all your idea.. again."

Alexander squealed and stood up, planting a firm kiss on John's cheek and folding a strand of hair behind his ear. "So Ron and Hermione it is, then."

{Word Count: 1,475}