Thaurens: I Forgive You 🥀

"Please.. Just hold me.." Thomas begged on his knees, holding a clump of his shirt by his heart. Tears were streaming down his face continuously.

"I'd never hold the hands of a man who's run them all over someone else's body." John hissed, arms folded and body leaning back against the wall. "I'd say I didn't know where they were, but I've got proof." He said angrily, pulling out Thomas' phone and throwing it at him, landing screen up beside his knee and presenting a picture.

The scene was dark, moody and red. Clearly some type of strip club. Lights flashed in the background of the photo and there could be seen a few female dancers rubbing themselves on men sitting in chairs. A stage stood in the very back where more dancers splayed themselves onto poles and wore nothing but fishnets or lingerie. And right there, in the foreground, a woman held up the phone, at a specific angle where her boobs popped out of her almost translucent bra. And there stood Thomas.. Shirtless and arms wrapped around her waist, tongue down her throat.

"I.. I don't-"

"You don't what? You don't know that you cheated? And not only, but you cheated on me with a stripper. A girl stripper." His voice cracked slightly, but John cleared his throat and stood up straight. No, stood up confidently. He stared down at Thomas, who lay sobbing on his knees like a cowardly puppy. Begging for forgiveness after making a mess of the trash in the bin. He took a step forward, watching Thomas dip his head in submission and let out a choked sob.

"What, are you scared of me? You scared little Johnny boy's going to beat you after what you've done?" He spoke sternly, pain and heartlessness in his tone. Thomas didn't respond, didn't even move his body at all. "Go ahead, tell me. What are you afraid of?"

"I'm afraid of the fact that you don't love me anymore.." Thomas spat, lifting his head up and staring into John's cold eyes. They just stared. He could see no emotion in them at all. He stared at him as if Thomas were nothing. Like he was a failure to everyone. To his parents, to the world, to him. His voice was the worst part, though. How it snapped and spat, hissing through every word. Words that cut through glass like it was water.

"Give me a reason to love somebody who constantly lies to me."

Thomas put his head down. What amazing, authentic reason could he give to John? Something that could keep him in his life for just a sweet bit longer?

"I don't know.." Thomas whispered. John grunted, swinging around and walking out of the room. He walked down the hall, to the front door, and out onto the porch. He walked down to his car and got in, driving off to leave Thomas alone, sobbing on the floor in the bedroom.

————-

John walked along the quiet streets of New York, sighing softly under his breath. It had been a year since he had left Thomas, and he was feeling.. better? No.. that's a lie. He should've forgiven him for what he'd done, listened to his promise that he would never do it again. But now he was alone. He had recently bought himself an apartment, which he shared with his best friend, Alex.

His heart had grown colder, along with his state. He missed his Thomas Jefferson.. It was horrible. This entire year, walking back to his home only to see Alex. He wanted him back, wishing he could just.. find him and forgive him for what he did.

John walked into the store he was searching for, looking to buy a few things that you normally don't find at a grocery store. He sighed, walking down the aisles and mindlessly searching for his items. That's when he saw him. Dark brown afro-like hair. Strong, tough body posture, muscular arms reaching up for a high shelf. "Thomas.." John whispered, ducking behind an aisle.

"John?" Thomas calls. John cursed at himself and the world in his mind before slowly coming out, looking at Thomas in shame. "Hi, Thomas.." He whispered, looking down at his feet. He felt his eyes water as he stared down at himself. He was the one who left in the first place..

Thomas walked up to John and tilted his head. "Are you okay..?" He asked, picking up John's face. John quivered, bursting into tears the moment he looked into Thomas' eyes. They were still coated with the same feelings he had before everything had happened.. Still beautiful and brown, just the way they always were.

John nodded, blinking the tears away and slowly wrapping Thomas into a hug. "John? What's this for?" He asked, placing a hand on the back of John's head. John trembled, burying his face into his neck.

"I forgive you.."

{Word Count: 824}