Thaurens: Secret Art ❤️

Pencils scattered along the desk, falling all over it as John dumped a few out. He quickly grabbed a blanket and pulled it over his shoulders, setting himself down in the chair. He set down a cup of fresh, almost white coffee. He always loved the creamer taste better than the coffee, the ratio in his mug almost always 80% creamer, 20% actual coffee. He also had a box of his favorite crackers at the edge of the table, beside the table lamp that had an adjustable cord so it could bend certain ways for better lighting when drawing.

John carefully aligned his drawing utensils in a perfectly straight line, making sure it was in the order in which he used them. A 12 inch ruler for shaping the piece he was creating. A professional sketch pencil, dull on the end so it was light, and perfect for sketches. A mechanical pencil, for defining the sketch and making it more detailed. A fine tip pen, for outlining the finished line art. A sharpie for adding extra shading and positive space. And lastly, a large eraser, placed at the end of the line for big mistakes. The mechanical pencil had an eraser too, but he avoided using it since it would often smudge.

A sketchbook was placed in the middle of the table, with a large blue cover labeling XL. He flipped through pages until he had found an empty one, flipping it to be portrait sized. John picked out the sketch pencil and started out with a sketch of some masculine human body. Circles for the head and curves of the joints and rectangles for arms, legs and the torso. "Perfect.." He mumbled, admiring the position the character was in. He then added a bit more detail, like a jawline and finger shapes.

With the mechanical pencil, John lightly set in more details, the face of the character finally visible through the plenty of grey lines on the white paper. A shirtless, muscled man stood facing forward, one hand behind his back and the other holding a gun pointed towards the person looking at the paper. He had big, darkened poofy hair, his tongue sticking out in a devilish look, eyebrows frowning and eyes sparkling with lust. His top lip was raised slightly, giving it a snarl. John smiled with content and grabbed the fine tipped pen, making sure the other utensils were nice and neat together where they were supposed to be.

John outlined the drawing perfectly, adding the small crosshatching shading in specific areas like under the chin, in curves of muscles or the pants. He smiled at the piece, neatly setting the pen down and grabbing the sharpie. He popped off the cap and very carefully added a bit more shading under the neck, adding finishing touches to the crosshatching shading by making certain areas thicker. He used his ruler to make a few squares in the background, some halfway hidden behind the man's body, and some small ones flying around it. He set everything down and grabbed his large eraser, getting off any extra markings from the sketch or line art.

"Perfect.." John whispered, smiling at the artwork in front of him. He decided this one didn't need color, as the black and extra pen designs perfectly shaped the body, and the man's blackened skin would block half of it. He gently closed the sketchbook and left everything behind on the desk, turning and rushing into the bathroom to shower.

————-

Thomas walked up the porch steps, pulling out his key and unlocking the door. He turned the doorknob and stepped in, quickly setting his work case down on the counter and shutting the door, making sure to lock it. "John!" He called out, letting his boyfriend know he had come home. There was no answer, only the sound of soft mumbling through the bathroom door, along with the shower running.

The male shrugged and walked off into the bedroom, looking around. He saw the drawing stuff on the desk and looked back at the bathroom, smiling softly. "Babe, are these your drawings?" He whispered, acting as if he had yelled and waited for an answer. When he heard nothing, he smirked, trotting over to the desk. He opened up the sketchbook and peeked at a few of the drawings inside.

The very first drawing Thomas saw when he opened the page was a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing drawing of a polaroid photograph, inside of the frame was a beautiful scene with flowers and a perfectly drawn pink and blue cloudy background. The next few ones were just notes and doodles of cacti in little pots and tiny palm trees and neko cats. But then, as the dates went up in the top corners of each drawing grew closer to the date of today, John got more experienced, and more skilled in drawing. Flowers and cacti turned into realistic wolves howling at moons, dinosaurs roaring at the paper and sketches of shaped bodies, still unfinished.

Drawings turned into artworks, and the bodies of men grew more firm and many drawings of men were now shirtless. Mostly celebrities that Thomas knew John had huge crushes on. Then, he paused on a certain photo. It was himself, standing to the side with John smiling beside him, a bit shorter than Thomas. He had an arm wrapped around his boyfriend, smiling down at him as John grinned.

Thomas smiled down at the drawing, swiping a finger across the page to feel how smooth it was. He flipped through more pages, drawings of him getting more erotic as the time went by. Smiling turned into smirking. Sweet, comfortable hoodies turned into either nothing or black jeans with chain necklaces and belts. Thomas blushed down at the most recent picture, the one John had drawn just earlier. That's when the sound of the shower turned off and the door opened.

John walked into the bedroom with his eyes closer, scrubbing his hair with a towel, a second towel wrapped around his waist. "Why didn't I get to see any of these?" Thomas asked, closing the sketchbook and straightening the pencils. John gasped, dropping the towel that was drying his hair. "Thomas!" He yelled.

"Why didn't I know about this?" He smirked, holding up the book. John blushed, waddling over to his boyfriend and snatching the sketchbook. "It's kind of hard to tell your boyfriend you're drawing errotic pictures of him day in and day out.." He mumbled, setting down the book and putting the pencils away in his case. Thomas snickered, wrapping his arms around the shorter boy from behind and kissing his neck sweetly. "I didn't know you could draw so well."

"Well, I never really got into it until a few months ago." John said, covering his face from embarrassment.

"I love it anyway. I love all of these drawings, I love you." He smiled, walking John into the closet and helping him get dressed. "I love you too.." John cooed, jumping into his lovers arms as soon as he was changed into a hoodie and sweatpants.

{Word Count: 1,187}