Jamilton: Take a Break ⚠️

Requested by Marigold239

"I don't care what you think you're doing for us! You can't even be there for your own child anymore!"

"Well, I don't know what else to say, Eliza! I'm doing the best that I can! It's not exactly the easiest job to do, caring for you two! You're so needy, I can't just sit in bed and do nothing with you all day! I have a job and a kid to take care of!"

"Not anymore, Alexander."

————-

Alexander sighed, his face between his two hands. After the divorce with Eliza, his beloved wife of many years, and the loss of his son Philip, he was exhausted. All there was for a whole year was yelling and screaming and trying to get custody of his son back. But nothing seemed to work. Philip was gone, and he'd probably never see him again.

The male sighed, staring back down at his paper. "Only ten pages left to go, Alex." He grumbled to himself, placing his hands on his keyboard once more. "You could finish that by the hour. Then you can finally sleep."

Ten minutes later, Alexander had only finished one page. He growled to himself, trying to clear his thoughts by giving his head a gentle massage. "Okay, okay. You can do this. You can do this, and then go to bed. Just think about how much sleep you could get if you just finish this goddamn paper."

A knock on the door startled Alexander, before his boss Washington came in.

"Hamilton, we're all headed out. You need to leave, too." He spoke commandingly.

"I'm almost done, just give me thirty more minutes and I'll be out of here."

"None of us are going to wait that long. Pack up and go home." Washington snapped, turning and exiting the building.

Alexander sighed, continuing to work until it was nearly midnight. In the meantime, Thomas Jefferson was the last person in the office, and he had presumed Alexander had gone home as well. He trotted down the hall, hearing a gentle cough from Alexander's office. "Oh for Pete's sake, Hamilton.." He growled to himself. He wasn't generally angry of the sort, more worried for Alexander's health and sleep schedule. He slowly peeked through the cracked open door to the office, and to no surprise, there Alexander was working himself away almost past midnight.

"Why am I not surprised?" Jefferson hums. Alexander swung around, baring his teeth. "Shit, Jefferson. You scared the hell out of me." He grumbled, turning back around and going back to typing.

Jefferson chuckled, waltzing into the office and sitting on the corner of the desk. "Go home."

"No."

"Aren't you tired? Don't you want to go home and rest?"

"I do. That's why I'm politely asking you to leave me be so I can finish this up and get home to do exactly that." Alexander growled, pushing poor Jefferson off of his desk straight-on. Thomas laughed, falling on his ass beside the desk.

"Well that was rude. Maybe I have to punish you for hurting me." Thomas purred, sitting on his knees and poking Alexander's arm. Alexander's face flushed a dark red, looking down at Thomas. "Don't do that shit, it's gross."

"Oh what, am I not allowed to speak? So about that punishment-"

"Why do I even bother with you.." Alexander grumbled, only to be grabbed by Thomas' arms. "Thomas! Let me go!"

"Hush your mouth and don't talk back, sweetheart." Thomas purred into Alexander's ear. Finally, something in Alexander's head snapped. "Wait.. Y-you wanna-"

"Oh my God, you're so oblivious." Thomas chuckled, facepalming himself and sliding his hand down his face. "Yes."

"Oh.." Alexander said under his breath, slowly covering his mouth. He hadn't had sex in a long time, even before Eliza and his divorce. The fights sort of pushed that offer off the table like a cat would a vase. Alexander shook his head. "Why am I even contemplating this? No, Jefferson."