23.

Auriella swung Soulender through the air, picturing herself on the battlefield once more.

After spending a majority of her time out in the gardens by herself with Perseus, she had grown restless, yearning to wield her sword. She immediately ran up to her room, changing out of her elegant clothes.

She had searched up and down the House of Wind to find the training room. And once she did, her heart raced with excitement.

The training room was enormous, filled with all different kinds of equipment. Auriella recognized most of them. Back at the Dawn Court, Damian would be the one to lift weights and increase his strength, while Auriella relied purely on her body.

Perseus carried the stick from the gardens, sitting on the floor, gnawing on it.

Within minutes, Auriella had dripped sweat onto the mat, breathing heavily. She used every move her fathers and brother taught her. She pleaded with her mind to use her shadows, seeing if they would react, but nothing.

She kept trying. Time and time again, they would shift, but nothing would happen.

But suddenly, her shadows reacted, but not because of her. Even Perseus stood from his spot, dropping his stick, and standing in front of his owner, protecting her. He let out a low growl in warning.

Glimmering grey smoke protruded from the walls, making Perseus let out a bark. Auriella took a stance, lifting Soulender. "Show yourself!" She yelled out.

The smoke immediately turned black. Two beautiful fae females revealed themselves from the shadows. The women were identical to one another; twins. Their dark skin gleamed, along with the silver jewelry that was around their arms and necks. They were dressed in the same clothes, a beautiful black and gold silk dress that complimented them perfectly.

Auriella stared into their piercing blue eyes. She had never seen these women before, but she was sure that she knew them, but nothing came to mind as to how.

One of the women stepped closer to Auriella, a smile rising up to her lips. "Hello, Daughter of Dawn. It is an honor to meet you. I am Nuala," she gestured to her twin, "and this is my twin sister, Cerridwen." She says.

Auriella sheaths Soulender, wiping the sweat off of her forehead. "Please, call me Auriella. I'm sorry for pointing my sword. I thought I was alone." She says.

Perseus cautiously goes over to the twins, sniffing them. The twins chuckle, petting the wolf. He wags his tail, licking the hands of the girls. Auriella became skeptical. Perseus wasn't particularly kind to people he just met. He needed to be around them more to be comfortable, but with the twins, it was like he already knew them.

She let her mind wander to Azriel, remembering how Perseus did the same. Azriel had smiled at the wolf as if they were both reunited once again. Her heart tightens at the memory.

Nuala looks up at the Daughter of Dawn, "Would you like anything, Auriella? Our High Lady has assigned us to look after you. We are here to help with anything you need." She says.

Auriella scoffs, "Thank you, girls. If it's not too much trouble, I would like a glass of water. I forgot to bring one from the kitchen, mostly because I forgot where it is." She tells them.

Cerridwen chuckles, her gorgeous smile illuminating her face. "We will get that for you. Again, we are delighted to have you here, Auriella." She says before the twins both disappear in their clouds of smoke.

Perseus turns back to his owner. She looks down at him, narrowing her eyes. "It seems like you get comfortable with the Night Court folk very quickly. Is there something that I am missing here or are you getting soft on me, Perseus?" She asks.