65.

AZRIEL

The Spymaster of the Night Court climbed the mountain, using every single bit of his strength to get to his mate.

He had used most of it when he and Rhysand used their magic to winnow Perseus to the top, sending him to give them more time.

At least, that is what Rhys thought.

Before they sent Perseus to the top, Azriel kneeled on the grass next to the wolf. He stared into those dark eyes, the ones that had kept him stable for the three months his mate wasn't next to him. The wolf was his companion, one that he never knew he needed, but was grateful to have him by his side.

Tears had formed in the Spymaster's eyes, knowing that it might be the last time he would ever see Perseus again.

Azriel petted his head, "Protect Nyx, Perseus. No matter what it takes." He whispered.

Perseus immediately understood him, his ears going up at the command. The wolf was ready, prepared for the journey that was ahead of him.

And once Rhysand and Azriel winnowed him away, they went back to fighting the creatures that were stationed near Under the Mountain. Even though they were both severely injured, including Cassian, they had to keep fighting, hoping to get up the mountain before it was too late.

But that never happened.

One moment, everyone was fighting, including the seven High Lords. Magic was being thrown back and forth, hitting the creations or missing completely. It seemed as if Prythian had the upper hand over the Being, seeing as they were getting closer to the mountain.

But when Rhysand and Feyre stopped fighting, standing still as a rock, it seemed as if time had slowed. Azriel had called out their names, but neither of them turned to him.

The darkness hovered over Rhysand, dark stars swirling around him, building into something that Azriel couldn't describe. The mixture of his emotions was too complicated to read, especially since he was standing feet away from him.

He looked over to Feyre, who sobbed uncontrollably. Cassian called her name out from afar, not wanting to get too close. She screamed her son's name, holding her chest. Azriel saw her magic combine; a mixture of Day, Night, Summer, Autumn, Spring, and Winter.

It was the most heartbreaking thing he ever witnessed - seeing Feyre grieve for her son.

And within seconds, the High Lord and High Lady of the Night Court let go of their powers, letting their grief obliterate every creation that stood in the way of Under the Mountain.

For Rhysand, it had taken everything within him. But for Feyre, her eyes were focused on the top of the mountain, immediately summoning wings and heading there. Rhysand hadn't called out her name. He stayed kneeled on the grass, crying into his hands, with Cassian beside him.

Instead, Azriel climbed up the mountain alone. He was unable to fly at all because of the harpoons that went through his wings. The sisterhood made sure that the three most powerful Illyrians were incapacitated in the worst way, disabling their wings to gain time.

Rhysand, Cassian, and Azriel had lost consciousness for a few moments before Feyre, Emerie, and Morrigan removed them from the wall, the three men dropping onto the floor and crying out as the unbearable pain went through them.

But as they were regaining strength, Feyre had told them everything.

She revealed that Nesta was The Being, that she had taken Nyx from the Night Court and was going after Elain in the Day Court.