28.

Auriella stood beside Morrigan and Nesta as they faced Devlon.

The sisterhood were behind their leaders, still and silent. The brotherhood stood behind Devlon, smirking and sneering at the twelve women.

The crowd had gathered around them, whispering and murmuring to one another. Auriella's heart raced with nervousness, not knowing what was going to happen. She hoped Morrigan and Nesta would choose Basiliah or Delphine. They were the best choice out of all of them.

The women in the sisterhood were strong, but that wasn't enough, especially with the brotherhood. Each of them looked like they could lift an entire house, their muscles showing, along with their veins popping out of their skin.

Devlon had trained these men to be killers. Auriella had no doubt that he would do anything to make sure that the sisterhood fell. He wanted the women back in their homes, subjecting their lives back to cleaning and bearing children. This was their last chance to prove themselves.

Even though this opportunity was unbeknownst to Auriella, she was glad to be apart of it. She would train these girls everything she knew.

"Enough!" Devlon yelled, keeping his eyes on the sisterhood leaders, and making the murmuring of the audience cease.

Morrigan and Nesta weren't fazed. They kept their eyes on him. If looks could kill, the duo would surely commit it. Their hate for him was unhidden, but even if he didn't show fear, Auriella knew that Devlon was shitting his trousers. These two women could kill him at the snap of their fingers, especially Nesta.

The bastard cleared his throat, "Now, we have gathered here once again to choose one fighter from the sisterhood and the brotherhood to fight in the Arena of Nightmares. This fight will determine if the sisterhood stays," a smirk makes its way to his lips, "or if it goes."

Devlon motioned for one of the trainers to come forward, "Pyxis will be announcing my choice." He says. The bastard hands the trainer a slip of paper, holding the name of one of the brothers.

Morrigan motions for Auriella to step forward, "The Daughter of Dawn will be announcing our choice." She says, handing her the same slip of paper, holding the name of one of the sisters. She takes it, coming face to face with the other trainer.

Pyxis scoffs, "I wonder if the High Lord of Dawn knows you are doing this. I don't think he will be very happy, do you?" He asked.

Auriella heard a growl come from Perseus, who stood by Azriel. His gaze was on her the entire time, arms crossed against his chest. Through the bond, she could feel his raging emotions. He did not want her here at all.

"My father allows me to make my own choices. If he knows about this or not, I don't care. That is my business and no one else's." She says.

Silence overtook the entire camp as if everyone was holding their breath.

Pyxis was the first to open his slip. Auriella looked at his expression, seeing that he didn't immediately read the name. He cleared his throat, "From the brotherhood... Byron." He announces.

The brotherhood erupts into shouts, congratulating their fellow companion. The muscular male steps forward, ruffling his wings, before standing beside Pyxis.

As the shouts die down, Auriella takes a deep breath, opening the slip in her hands. Her heart races, hoping for one of the two names that she wanted. And once she read the name on the slip, her heart sank, but she made sure not to show it.

"From the sisterhood... Aiko." She announces, making the sisterhood erupt into shouts. Aiko steps out from the line, making her way to stand beside Auriella.