2.

Ten years later...

Auriella woke to a soft purr against her cheek.

Her cat, Levi, was curled up next to his owner, wanting to get her attention. Auriella chuckled at her pet, slowly sliding her hand across his black and white fur.

It was the same dream as always: the last time she saw her fathers.

She didn't know how that day affected her until the dreams kept recurring every night. Auriella would either wake up with a jolt or with sweat sliding down her forehead. But after ten years, she was used to it.

There would be times when the dreams would change themselves, putting their own twist in the story. But Auriella knew the truth about what happened. Amarantha. The Lady Under the mountain who held all the High Lords captive.

As days and days passed without a word about the High Lords safety, the courts started to become restless. Groups of madmen started to depart to Under the Mountain, wanting answers from Amarantha herself. But when those men left, they never came back.

But there was one High Lord that made an appearance. The High Lord of the Spring Court, Tamlin, was back in his court under the orders of Amarantha, along with his emissary, Lucien Vanserra. Citizens of each court visited the court with his permission, asking questions that he was hesitant to answer.

But as hope started to rise, it quickly fell.

Tamlin refused to answer anything that had to do with Amarantha and the rest of the High Lords. He would not say a word about their safety or welfare, instead, he would just walk away, going back into his palace, leaving people with more questions than before.

Auriella sat up in the giant bed, staring out to the balcony, where the sun was peeking out behind the clouds.

A few years after her fathers' were put Under the Mountain, Auriella moved into their room, sleeping in their bed, and maintaining the cleanliness of their things. She kept everything in order, not wanting there to be one thing out of place in case her fathers' came back.

Auriella always held out hope for their return. There wasn't one thing that could make her think any differently. She knew that she was going to see them again.

As she stepped out of bed and cleaned herself up, she changed into her regular clothing, fitting into her loose-fitted black pants and white shirt, tucking it underneath the hem. She slid into her white flats and headed out the door, Levi following after her.

Damian was waiting at the end of the hallway, kneeling down to bring Levi into his arms. "It looks like someone woke up lazy today." He tells his sister.

Without their fathers' watching over them, the twins knew what was expected of them and their role as children of the High Lord of Dawn. Damian always made himself look presentable for every occasion, letting the spirit of his fathers' shine through him. He was the perfect example of elegance.

Auriella also knew what she had to do, but there were times when she could not stand being in dresses and makeup, like today. Fia would give her stubborn looks for it, but she would smile because there were times when even she felt the same.

"Oh, like you haven't seen this look a thousand times. There isn't anything special planned today, so there is no reason for me to be in such dramatics." Auriella tells her brother, who makes baby noises at the cat.

Damian raises his brow, "What are you talking about? Have you forgotten that today is the Summer Solstice? You really woke up on the wrong side." He says to her and Auriella groans, forgetting about the major ball that goes on for the solstices.