24.

The next day, the Daughter of Dawn walked through the Night Court with High Lady right at her side.

After Rhysand and Cassian winnowed them into the streets of Velaris, Auriella received many unpleasant looks from the citizens, but she didn't pay them any mind. She had already known the courts did not do well with others.

"I remember when I used to get those looks. I thought that they were eventually going to kill me if I didn't leave soon." Feyre says in a low voice.

Auriella scoffs, "You belong here, High Lady. You have unbelievable beauty and power. The Night Court was always your home, even when you didn't know it."She says.

She meant the words. Feyre was breathtaking whenever there wasn't any dirt and grime covering her body as it did during the war. Right now, she looked like a High Lady in every way, her dress a plain black, slit in front so her leg was visible when she walked.

Auriella felt awkward beside her, not carrying the usual dark attire the Night Court wears. She wore an orange-colored suit with a tight white top underneath it, showing that she was a part of the Dawn Court.

Feyre smiles at her, "You are practically a High Lady without the title. Rhys told me everything that you do for your court. It's a shame you can't inherit the title. You would have been amazing." She says.

Auriella shrugs, "I don't care for it at all if I am being honest. I see what my father has to do every day to make sure he keeps his court safe. I see him frustrated out of his mind and I worry that he will push himself too hard. Being the Daughter of Dawn has its responsibilities, but I'm glad I don't have to do half of what he does." She admits.

"I can't say the same. Rhys and I have stacks of papers on our desks to fill out. I should be doing that now, but I really couldn't wait to speak with you." Feyre says.

Auriella feels her heart racing. She knew that she and feyre would have to speak about everything that happened Under the Mountain at some point. She just wished it wasn't on the second day of her arrival.

The two made it down to the bridge over the Sidra, seeing boats floating across the canal. The sun shined down brightly upon Velaris, reflecting in the river. As people walked by, they greeted the High Lady and the Daughter of Dawn, some with blinding smiles and others with strange eyes.

Auriella and Feyre walked to the railing of the bridge, resting their arms on the stone. They were silent for a moment, hearing the chatter of the Night Court, focusing their eyes someplace else.

Auriella didn't know what she would say to her. She didn't know if she would cry remembering the deaths of her friends. From the three, Marcellus was the one that always stayed with her. She remembered him begging Feyre not to kill him with tears spilling from his eyes. It was a memory that resurfaced in every nightmare she had.

"I don't think that apologies will ever be enough to tell you how sorry I am, especially for Clare. At the time, I didn't know that Rhysand would say anything, but I don't blame him. He thought it was a name I made up, but in reality, I had just sent a girl to a fate worse than death." Feyre says, her eyes still focused on the river.

She was right. Clare had suffered and endured so much to the point where death was inevitable. The girl was broken from head to toe, unable to do anything but lay there and wait until death took her. And when those screams had stopped, Auriella couldn't help but feel a sense of relief through the unbearable grief. She was no longer in pain.

Auriella's eyes well up with tears, "You were in a panicked state, Feyre. It was the first name that popped into your mind and you said it. I don't know what the girl was to you, but she stayed strong till the end." She says.