31.

Before Auriella could pull away, Azriel's arms immediately went around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

Their shadows quickly hid away behind them, letting them have this long-awaited moment to themselves.

His lips were soft and warm against hers; gentle as a cool breeze as they touched again and again. It was enough to send her melting under his hands, her mind swirling with thoughts of what she would do to him.

Auriella had imagined what it would feel like to be with him in such an intimate way. She wondered how he would react to her touch, how they would feel against each other, and how they would both be sent over the edge.

The thoughts, combined with the kiss, made a wetness pool in her core. She clutched her legs together, not wanting to give away how intense this made her feel.

Auriella could sense his growing arousal.

And it seemed the Spymaster could sense hers too.

Azriel grabbed her thigh, pulling her over his lap, straddling him.

Spirits save her...

From beneath, Auriella could feel her mate's erection brushing in between her legs. She whimpered, licking his bottom lip, her tongue yearning to enter. Azriel gladly let her in.

The taste of him - like snowfall mixed with the night air.

His tongue conquered the depths of her mouth, craving for more of her. His arms went underneath her cardigan, feeling the thin silk of her nightgown. He fisted the fabric in his hands, resisting the urge to rip it off of her.

Auriella brought her hands into his hair, angling back his head to drown deeper into him. Azriel snarled. He gripped her ass, sinking her down further onto his lap, pressing himself against her. She gasped, the movement catching her off guard.

She was burning; aching to have him ruin her. She wanted nothing more than to rip off every piece of clothing from their bodies and feel his bare skin collide with her own. No, it wasn't a want, but a need.

The need to forget everything that haunted her, that hounded her wounded mind. She needed that temporary distraction for a moment, relieving her from the horrifying nightmares that crept their way in when she least expected it.

She needed him.

Auriella slightly moved her hips, grinding herself against him. She let out a moan.

Azriel growled, low and deep, at the push of her hips. She delighted in the sound, raking her tongue over his teeth, craving to have more of him. Her hands roamed over his muscled chest, desperate for the contact of his skin.

She hadn't expected herself to be so hungry, so feral, for him. It was like their bond came alive, simmering and begging for her mate to drag her into pleasurable oblivion.

The Spymaster separated their lips, dragging his tongue up the column of her neck. He placed his hand in her hair, grabbing a fistful before tugging down, his mouth devouring the heat of her skin. He lightly bit down, earning another whimper from his mate.

It was as if this bond of theirs controlled them, overtaking their minds and breaking any bit of sanity they had left. In the three years they were separated from each other, their desire had never been so powerful, so charged, as it was in this moment.

Auriella felt her breasts become heavy, seeking contact for any more of him. She wanted his mouth everywhere, licking her until she became undone. Even as she gently moved her hips against him, it wasn't enough. She needed him bare, wanting him pounding into her until she couldn't take it any longer.