"Hello Five"

FIVE POV

"God she's confusing."

Well, I probably should go. I mean I don't wanna seem like a creep. I quickly locked up the place and left the key under the mat, just like Y/N had said.

I walked away from the apartment and headed to a cafe. I was in need of some decent coffee. The only coffee I'd had was Elliots own blend, and I was getting bored of it.

I walked inside and sat on a stool near the counter. "What can I get for you, young man?" "A black coffee, please." She gave me an unamused look, then walked off. She came back minutes later with a pot and a cup of coffee.

"Leave the pot." I said as she turned away with it. She glanced at me, then put it down next to me. "Thanks." I said. "Lippy little sh*t." She mumbled as she walked away. 

I downed the coffee in seconds, before pouring the rest of the pot in. Once I had finished that too, I left a 10 dollar note on the counter, then left.

Suddenly, I heard a laugh I recognised. A high pitched one. I saw someone go around a corner with a whip of dark curls. I ran after her. As rounded the corner, I saw her again go through a random door in a building.

Following her I headed inside. It was some sort of old work place. I stood in the middle. "You can come out now." I heard a chuckle as a woman with dark hair came out from the shadows. "Hello Five."

The handler. I didn't say anything. "Did you miss me, you little sh*t?" "How are you alive, Y/N ripped off your head!" "Simple, I told you I am but a cog in a machine." She giggled again.

I just glared at her. "What do you want?" I spat at her. "I have a deal to propose." I gave her a questioning look. "The board of directors. They host annual meetings once a month. Never in the same place twice."

"And I'm guessing you know where it's being held this month?" She gave me a smirk. "Of course I do, I wouldn't be good at what I do if I didn't." "And what do you want me to do?" "Kill the board."

"And why would I do that?" "Because if you do, I'll give you a briefcase that will take you and your family back to 2019." My eyes widened. "And the nuclear war in 6 days?" "Won't happen." "The 2019 apocalypse?" "Also won't happen."

I looked at the floor. "You don't have to decide now. But remember the clock is ticking on doomsday. Meet me here in this alleyway this time tomorrow." She walked away. I left. The rest of the day, all I could think about was her deal.

Y/N POV

I got off my shift rly late. I couldn't be bothered going ALL the way back to my apartment. And Elliots is way closer. I made up my mind to head to Elliots. When I got there, the door was unlocked so I went inside. It was almost pitch black.

I intended to be quiet but I was too loud. Because as soon as I shut the door and turned around, the silhouette of a boy was right there and he elbowed me in the neck, knocking the wind out of me. I fell to the ground, gasping for air.

A big light flicked on. "Jesus what the hell is wrong with you?" I said through choking breaths. "Sh*t, sorry Y/N, I couldn't see and that you were a burglar." Five offered me his hand and I took it, standing up.