Bagman and Crouch

While a man called Basil gives Mr Weasley directions to our campsite, I turn to Harry, who's been trying to talk to me for a few minutes.

"Thanks for back there, about the dementors." He looks so awkward, and it would be funny if I wasn't the same.

"No problem, kind of hard to call it a fair win when you were attacked by soul-sucking creatures." I give him a weak smile which he returns before heading back to Ron.

"See you at tryouts Fern." Cedric calls as we walk away. I wave.

"Prat." George mutters. I roll my eyes and shove him as we follow everyone else to the campsite.

After a brief interaction with a muggle named Mr Roberts, and a wizard who exasperatedly explains this was the tenth time he'd had to Obliviate him, we trudge up the equally misty field, passing long rows of tents. Aside from the occasional chimney, they seem well-disguised as muggle-owned.

Sometimes, a tent pops up that's so clearly magical, it's no wonder Mr Roberts has doubts.

A few minutes later, we find a sign which reads Weezly.

Mr Weasley begins to talk about how he approves of the spot, before asking a bemused Harry how to put up a tent the muggle way. It's instantly clear Harry has never been camping, so Hermione and I step in.

"How do you know this Brinley?" He excitedly questions, jumping happily everytime we slide in a pole or use the little mallet.

"Mum's a muggle-born, she likes to do things from her childhood, like muggle camping." I explain, standing back and observing the two shabby tents we've pulled together.

Hermione and Harry exchange confused looks - we'll be a party of eleven when the other three apparate in, how are we going to fit? Ginny already explained this to me when I arrived, so I'm not as surprised as the others when we follow Mr Weasley under the tent flap.

He explains, and I slip out with the twins, peeking inside the smaller girl's tent (which thankfully lacks the cat smell the boys have).

I help the others collect firewood as the trio leaves to get water.

"What do you think?" Fred asks me, leaning over a branch to pick up a small log.

"It's great! Thanks for inviting me guys." I smile - I've done that more in the four days I've been here than the rest of the summer at home.

We sit at the entrance of the boy's tent as Mr Weasley tries to get a fire going. After a while, the trio return.

"You've been ages." George observes as he draws random patterns on the ground with a stick.

"Met a few people," Ron shrugs, putting down the water, "You not got that fire started yet?"

"Dad's having fun with the matches." Fred laughs.

In truth, he isn't having any success at all, but he is indeed having fun. Even when he dropped a lit match a few minutes ago in surprise, he was still overtly excited.

Hermione kindly steps in and shows him how to do it, and they manage to light it up. However, it seems as if it's going to take another hour to heat up enough to cook anything.

While we wait for the fire, Arthur strikes up a running commentary about Ministry work. Considering my father and the Weasley's both work in the Ministry, we loose interest, but Hermione and Harry still seem focused on what he's saying.

Finally, eggs and sausages start cooking, just as Bill, Charlie and Percy come strolling out from the forest, the latter loudly boasting about their Apparition.