The Goblet of Fire

"I'm not sure if this is going to work, but I'm sure Dumbledore thought of this." Hermione warns as the twins drop ageing potion onto their tongues. I nod in agreement, reluctant to let them even try and put their names in - of course, it's not up to me, but this competition doesn't sound safe at all.

The tension is thick in the hall as I grip Hermione's hand. To anyone else, this looks like worried friends, but the butterflys in my stomach say otherwise.

Teetering on the edge, Fred rocks on his heels before stepping over the age line. For a second, I think they've actually done it, and George leaps in after him.

However, a loud sizzling sound throws them roughly out of the golden circle, and with a loud pop, they sprout beards that could rival Dumbledore's own. The hall breake out into laughter, the twins included as they point at each other's beards.

"I did warn you," Professor Dumbledore's deep, amused voice rings as everyone turns to him. With a twinkle in his eye, he sends them to Madam Pomfrey, "She's already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr Summers of Hufflepuff, who also tried to age themselves. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours."

Howling with laughter, Lee follows the two to the hospital wing while I follow the chortling trio into breakfast. Being Halloween, the Great Hall is decorated lavishly, a crowd of live bats causing some of us (me included) to duck in fear. Carved pumpkins leer from every corner.

Harry leads us to Dean and Seamus to discuss who else is entering.

"Big sloth bloke from Slytherin, Warrington, apparently put it in this morning." Dean explains as we sit.

"We can't have a Slytherin champion!" Harry shakes his head in disgust. I give him a reproachful frown but don't say anything.

"All the Hufflepuffs are talking about Diggory, but I'm surprised he's willing to risk his good looks," Seamus rolls his eyes in contempt before realising I'm sitting here, "No offence Brinley."

"None taken." I shrug, tearing a bread roll. He's not wrong, Cedric is known by lots of people as a 'handsome player' (not my words), but he's also got an adventurous streak.

Angelina Johnson enters, looking somewhat embarrassed by the cheers.

"I'm glad someone from Gryffindor's entering, I really hope you get it Angelina."

"Thanks Hermione." She smiles before leaving.

"Yeah, better than pretty-boy Diggory." Seamus snarls, causing a group of passing Hufflepuffs to glare at him. He holds his hands up in apology to them.

"No offence." He adds to me again. I laugh and shake my head, finishing breakfast.

"We're going down to see Hagrid, want to come?" Hermione asks me as we leave the hall.

"Thanks, but I think I better check on the twins. See you later?"

"Of course." She smiles, squeezing my hand quickly before leaving with the boys, excited to show Hagrid S.P.E.W.

With another laugh, I head to the Hospital Wing, to see Fred and George's beards still intact, though shorter, and streaked with ginger.

"Hey guys." I smirk, sitting down cross-legged on the bed they're standing in front of.

"Hey! We're debating, do you think we should keep a bit of beard."

"Absolutely not." I screw my face up in disgust as they shrug at each other.

"Well, that solves one problem." They sit down with me.

"Oh, you know that Summers guy from your house? Well, he was in here, and when we came in, he asked us if you fancied anyone."