Beauxbaton and Durmstrang

Dinner has become an extremely exciting affair all of a sudden.

After a reasonably bad week, the effect of the two visiting schools' over-the-top entry performance was very welcome.

It had been another twenty minutes of mild panic attacks after Defence Against the Dark Arts. While Harry had managed to partly resist the Imperius curse, the rest of the class had been dragged around by Moody. Harry had, however, smashed his head into the desk while throwing off the control.

The second time Mad-Eye tried to make me tap dance, I had managed to completely dismiss the curse - all it took was thinking about what he'd done to that spider, and suddenly my brain decided it wasn't going to listen to that man. I'd stood there with my arms folded as I waited for my head to cave in from the curse's pressure. The twenty house points I was awarded did little to improve my anxious (but well concealed) mood.

The homework has started to pile up from our classes, because of our upcoming O.W.L examinations, and I'm finding myself working into very early hours of the morning to keep up with the workload.

Hermione had excitedly presented S.P.E.W to me - I took a keen interest, not just because I like her, but because I think she's partly right. Personally, I think it'd be better to give them choices, as oppose to forcing them into another path, but when I said I had an idea, Hermione happily told me to bring it up in the next meeting. Considerably more excited than before, I'd walked out the hall with a badge, only for Draco to start poking fun at me. Responding with another jab about the diary, I left.

Then, I'd been stopped by Filch because my shoes weren't shiny enough, and was subjected to a twenty minute long lecture (which he barely wheezed out, I may add) about how he'd like to hang us all by our ankles from the ceiling.

Lastly, to top off an awful week, I'd nervously babbled something about Quidditch in front of Hermione before speeding away.

However, there was no time to think about any of that when the other schools arrived, the first putting on an enchanting, but slightly intimidating performance, the second opting for an outright terrifying entrance.

Now, Allison, Susan and I are contributing to the loud chatter. Along with a few boys, my vision is drawn to a few of the female Beauxbaton students - two or three of whom seem to faintly resemble the Veela from the Quidditch Cup.

What also caught my eye earlier was the twins low-level conversation, which was interrupted by the trio. They then snapped at Ron. It was weird, they were never particularly inclined towards secrets. After a few more minutes, they seemed to be talking Hermione out of S.P.E.W, and while I couldn't tell much from a distance, it appeared to have not worked at all. They were eventually cut off by the arrival of Harry's owl.

I also caught Harry glancing at Cho Chang, before the evening progressed, somehow more dramatic than the previous events.

❤💛❤💛

Pulling my hair out of a ponytail, I shake it down my shoulders before slipping into bed. That was certainly the most interesting thing to happen at Hogwarts in my time, and that's saying something.

My dreams swim, swim between the Goblet of Fire declaring me a champion, between faceless people dying, between more people (but not faceless) being tortured with Crucio, between me kissing Hermione- wait. I'm kissing Hermione... cinnamon and roses flood my senses as the dream progresses, overtaking the others. For a while, I try to focus on the dream, but I can feel myself waking up, being pulled away from her kiss.

I sit up, awake, so quickly my head screams in protest. Groaning, I press a cool hand against my burning skin. I can't be having dreams about kissing Hermione! Hermione never consented for me to dream about her!