𝟷𝟻

Psᴀʟᴍ51

-
𝙉𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙞'𝙔𝙤𝙢𝙞 𝘼𝙗𝙙𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙝
𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰 — 𝙶𝙰

-𝙉𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙞'𝙔𝙤𝙢𝙞 𝘼𝙗𝙙𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙝 𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰 — 𝙶𝙰

-

𝟷𝟻;; 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢

Looking in the rearview I skimmed the back seat seeing that they were all sleep and smiled.

My car door opened and my brother slid in the passengers seat.

"I understand you don't want to talk, but I want to know what happened." I ran my finger over the cut above his eye. "Where is your car?"

"I fucked it up." He mumbled.

"How Hell? Who did you hit?"

"I was driving by your spot and I saw ole dude—"

"Who is ole dude?"

"Slutty." He finished, I nodded. "I saw em walking in your building and I blacked out...ion regret it though.." He shook his head. "I know how he looks when he's about to do some crazy shit, I let a lot slide but at the end of the day, you my lil sister. "

I looked over at him before putting the car in drive and pulling off.

"You should have let me drive. " He told me. I wasted no time pulling over, we both got out the car switching seats.

"Put yo seatbelt on 'fore I have to bail you out again." I told him and he did as told. "When you gone start talking normally?"

"Man I really don't plan on it, not talking gets you so much shit." He spoke seriously.

I started laughing.

"I know, that's why I still don't speak in public, folks know not to speak to you."

"Hell I look like having a whole conversation with somebody ion know?"

"Atlanta folks always tryna have conversations with everybody." I said laughing.

"Especially them old folks."

"Right.."

The car fell into a silence and I messed with my nails realizing it was light outside. I checked the time on the car seeing it was 6:45 in the morning.

"Damn..."

"What?"

"I gotta be in class in an hour..."

"You can drop the kids at my house I can take em to school."

"Thank you, just make sure you drive them through the bus-"

"I know what to do." He told me cutting me off putting his hand up. Before looking over at me. "What's wrong?"

I stared at him frowning. He smacked his teeth and tilted his head. "You thought I forgot yo birthday?"

"Well.."

"Happy birthday lil nigga." He gave me a hug and I smiled.

-

I finally finished up the paper we were supposed to write for this class, I came in early to make sure I was on time and to complete it since my week was busy.

I smiled slightly even though I felt broken inside, I just wanted to go home in all honesty.

"Happy birthday to me." I mumbled unintentionally sketching on the paper.

The lights cut out and I looked around the pitch balck room. "The f-"

I heard the doors opened and rapid sound making me panick.

The lights cut on and I jumped seeing my classmates and professor in front of my seat. "Happy Birthday to youuu!" They sung and I smiled.

They finished and I blew put the candles. "Thank you all." I smiled clasping my hands together.

"You're welcome. "

"Not you thought we forgot girl. " Pooda said and they laughed.

"Aint nobody texted me or anything.. " I told her. Some people gave me things and I thanked them smiling.

Then class started.

-

"You about to go to practice?" Pooda asked me as we gathered our things.

"Uhh, no not today. Imma take a nap then we can do whatever when I wake up. "

"You must not have got in enough time to sleep?"

"Nah, I had to get up early this morning." I yawned covering my mouth and she nodded.

We hugged and she was in front of me.

"Imma see you later then." She smiled widely and I furrowed my eyebrows as she walked away.

"Okay..."

I walked out the class clutching onto my bag and walked down the hallway.

"Hey Yomi, happy birthday again. "Someone told me and I sent them a smile.

"Thank you." She nodded and walked away.

I ended up bumping into someone since I wasn't paying attention and I felt a grip on my arm.

"He-"

"Hey, Nairi'Yomi. I just wanted to let you know that your paper was so entertaining to read. I mean it just looked like you put so much passion into it. "

"I was wondering if you would like to be an intern for my class?"

"We- see I don't know.."

"You don't have to give me an answer now..." She told me. "Just think about it?"

"Okay." I nodded smiling.

"Thank you."