Fallen Angel.

CHAPTER 1

I laid there. Somewhere in the depths of the woods. All I could make out were old tall trees, the dark spots of the sky, the twinkling full moon and the bright mythical clouds. Raindrops shielded my eyes making it hard to see, my body felt like it was on fire, I was hot then cold one minute. Twigs poked at my back making my skin feel itchy and irritated. I strained my head to the left side of me, to find nothing but trees and deserted land for miles. I closed my eyes shut cursing myself. I could feel my eyes sting from the water, my mind couldn't process anything right now. The more and more I laid here I wanted to cry. I felt the bubble of fear grab my stomach with a tight pull. The feeling made my heart flutter, I never felt this way before; scared for my life. Minutes later of just laying here in silence, somehow, I couldn't tell if I was crying, or the rain made my tears. My nose burned and flared as I felt pain from my right leg. What was I doing here? I opened my eyes, staring up at the sky, water droplets hitting my eyes again making my vision blurry this time. I looked to the right side of me, cars passed by, while people remained walking. A silver of hope burned through me seeing actual humans as I looked back to the sky, wondering if someone saw me.

They didn't see me, they didn't care.

If someone cared I wouldn't be here right now. All of this was making my head pound violently.

Panicking, I tried to move but my body stayed still, I felt like I was paralyzed. Unable to move my boney fingers, I looked at my leg a large gash sat there, oozing out blood. I winced as I turned my head to look at the gash that caused me so much pain. Why was I in pain? I don't feel pain.  What is happening?

I didn't know where I was, most importantly I didn't know what happened to me. I was left in oblivion, I hated it. I was growing agitated the more I looked at the large gash. Maybe because I woke up like this many times before but never like this, this was almost like a routine. I go to sleep and I'm somewhere else. It was like my mind ran my body; I couldn't get anything under control. I was never like this before... I was misled about my new surroundings; this was completely different from what my world was.

"Hey! Are you alright?" a male voice called out to me. His voice echoed in my ears as I didn't notice the voice at first, my attention was on the gash. I whipped my head quickly to the front of me, a man was hunched over me, his mouth moved but I couldn't hear what he was saying. The rain drowned out his voice as I looked at the stranger. Looking at him though made my heart flutter once again. This time it was an untroubled feeling. His dark hair fell over his eyes, dripping wet as he stared down at me. Droplets hitting my eyes, I tried to blink them away, gravity coldly took over. The more I stared at him my eyes stung, closing them seemed nice but I couldn't, it was too much going on.

My lips parted but nothing came out... My throat hurt and my mouth was dry. I couldn't even begin to move my dry lips. My throat felt like I just swallowed a handful of sand. I could feel the sand burn my throat as I clawed my way out of the depths of my pain. The feeling was so harsh, I tried to swallow to keep myself from coughing. I failed miserably, trying to make out this young man's face. 

I didn't like it not one bit, this was completely terrifying. How did I end up like this? I swear someone is going to pay for this.

Suddenly, the strange man grabbed both of my arms pulling me off the wet ground. My leg burned viciously as I winced softly, intaking a small breath of displeasure. Cold air hit my back quickly as I began to notice how nippy it was out here. Where I come from its warm like wrapping up in a blanket, nothing compared to where I am now.

He picked me up bridle style and walked swiftly, he walked as if he didn't get to his destination he would die, his feet moved courageously, careful not to trip over anything. My eyes remained closed the whole time as he walked. I couldn't pry myself to move my body no longer. The air nipping at my skin made me shiver in his arms. Who was this man? Most importantly how did he find me?

***