You Can't Be...

CHAPTER 11

My eyes shot open, once again I was staring at the ceiling. A ceiling fan was present going in circles blowing little breezes of air. I sat up and looked around, the guy wasn't here anymore so I felt like I could escape. I jumped up from the bed and rapidly went over to a medium sized glass window. It looked like a sliding door, when I pushed it, I found out it indeed was.

"Where do you think you're going?" Don abruptly called out.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around slowly.

"Getting the hell out of here..." I retorted.

He shook his head and clicked his tongue. "You cannot leave little Crista..."

I squinted my eye at him, I wanted to punch him in the face once again, for telling me what I couldn't do. In a blink of an eye, he was no more than one inch in front of me.

I raised up my palm and zapped him, sending him flying into the wall in the hallway. I watched as parts of the wall fell on him.

I took this as my opportunity to leave, I slid open the window and jumped down without even thinking. The wind engulfed my body and flew back my clothes making me feel like I was flying. I landed on my fours and took off running into someone's yard. I just wanted to get the hell away from that house, I needed to get back to Garrett and Harlem; I needed them to help me.

I encountered a drug store and went into the bathroom. I was breathing uncontrollably from the running, my lungs craved for oxygen and my chest burned.

What was happening to me?

I've never had to catch my breath or breathe, I never had to feel as much pain as any other to because I heal quickly. I never got tired after running. What's going on?

I held onto the sink as I tried to get myself under control. I looked up to the mirror looking at myself, I looked worn out. My eyes had bags under them, my hair was curly and frizzy, and my cheeks were a bright pink.

I never had to worry about how I looked.

Finally, gaining self-control I closed my eyes trying to concentrate on time traveling.
I pictured Garrett and Harlem and I focused on it. I let everything erase from my mind but them two.

It was utterly tiring, and I couldn't concentrate easily. I shut my eyes tighter and concentrated a little hit harder.

Suddenly I opened my eyes and I laid in the middle of the street. White flakes of snow were falling from the sky, and it was kind of nippy out. This reminded me when I first met Harlem. I smiled a little, closing my eyes.

I looked up from the cold ground, and slowly rose up. I stood up and my leg burned, quickly I went down on the ground hissing in pain.

Shit!

Why is this hurting so badly?

I pushed up off the ground slowly turning to give my leg more pressure, successfully I stood still holding my leg.

"Garrett! Harlem!" I yelled; my voice echoed throughout the dry streets.

I wandered where I was, I hope I wasn't exactly where I started when I crashed the car.

Why would they be here instead of my home in the sky?

I limped along the street, as of again it looked like it wasn't nothing for miles. It saddened me that I was back where I started, I needed to find them both and fast. I could already feel his blood changing me, of course pain sure had plenty of hold on me, turning me into something that would make me lose everything.