"X" Out... Two More To Go...

CHAPTER 12

-Part One-

I could understand the stares and confusion, surrounding their faces but they had to accept this. Or else I would do this on my own, I thought I needed them, but the truth is... I don't.

I looked over to Garrett, he glanced in the view mirror a couple of times before he spoke.

"So... We need to go back to Mahagony..." Garrett ordered.

"Of course..." I beamed but decided to be sarcastic.

For some surprising reason I was happy, I felt good in my vampire body. I felt stronger, I felt like I could do anything. I felt like I was invincible, I've never felt like this not once in my life. I wanted to enjoy it, to embrace it even. It was way different than my normal body, I am half human, half angel and now half vampire. I felt good in my normal body, not as good as I feel now.

"Can we get food?" Harlem asked

I looked at him quickly. "There are no fast-food restaurants around if you haven't noticed..." I snapped
He jerked back his head hurt, I didn't mean for it to come out that way, but it did. I instantly regretted it, instantly.

"I'm sorry...--" I started

"It's fine..." Harlem gritted out.

I sat back in the seat and stayed quiet; I could hurt anyone of them with my harsh words. What was happening to me? I've never been so mean, was being a vampire effecting my attitude?

I looked out the window and seen the blur of tress go past us. I wondered if my powers changed, or did it stay the same?

I raised my hand up and examined it, I pointed it forward and a purple--blue color zapped from my hand and hit the back of Harlem's seat. The leather sizzled and steamed as it cooled down, leaving a black mark.

He turned around quickly looking at me in anger. "That really hurt..." he snapped.

I looked at him sympathetically. "I'm sorry... I was just seeing if my powers changed..." I confessed.

Garrett stayed quiet and kept his eyes on the road, I wondered what he was thinking. He barely said a word to me since we been in the car, he seemed closed off for some reason.

Like he always is...

This gave me an idea, since I had my powers, I could time travel. I closed my eyes and started to concentrate, but not before Garrett stopped the car and pulled over. I opened my eyes and looked at him in questioning.

"Rain... You are not time traveling..." he demands and turn to look at me.

I looked at Harlem and he shrugged his shoulders. I glared at Garrett and shook my head.

"Why the hell not?" I fumed.

"Because... You're always fucking up something... You can't have this power if you don't know how to control it..." He paused looking for the right words. "What I mean is you shouldn't time travel unless you have it under control..." he finished pointing out.

I fought back a shrill cry that was threatening to escape from my throat. Even if he beat around the bush with his words, it still hurt.

Did he really just say that?

My lips turned into a tight line and my hands balled into fists, I quickly got out of the car and stalked away from the two.

I was frustrated in the mix of hurt, I couldn't believe he just put me down like that. He could have let me down easy instead of just snapping at me.