The Thought.

CHAPTER 4

I sucked in breath as I awoken... As my eyes began to catch the feathery white flakes that was falling down on me, I looked around for an escape.

As I did, I spotted Harlem, a thick line of blood ran down his temple stopping just at the side of his eye. Then I noticed we were upside down in his car. The smell of gas hit my nose quickly making me want to gag. Harlem was in the driver's seat eyes closed and chin on his chest.

"Harlem!" I whimpered out to him.

I knew he was unconscious, I just thought maybe he'll hear me.

I looked down at my lap to see I was stuck onto my seat belt. Trying desperately to get unbuckled, I heard a car horn ahead that was approaching.

All I could think about was Harlem, he was only human he couldn't survive this. I finally got unbuckled and quickly hurried over to him.

I picked his face up, I attempted to pull him out of the car, something was stopping him.

"Oh! Come on!" I screamed pulling him harder than before.

I didn't succeed.

I searched for the root of the problem; his leg was tangled in the seatbelt.

The truck was approaching more closer than before honking the horn, so I knew I had to put a move on it.

I grabbed the seatbelt and tried to get it a loose, once again I failed.

In desperation I looked around for a sharp object that would cut the belt.

I saw a piece of glass laying on the hood of the car. I quickly reached for it and cut the belt rapidly, but not without me getting cut too. The glass dug into my skin stinging just a little, blood trickling on my pants.

The truck was on the move now, I seen this as a perfect time to get Harlem out of there. I attempted to pull him out of one of windows with me going first.

As I was out, I pulled him out and we both landed in a bank of snow.

Seconds later the truck went past ramming his SUV to pieces.

I closed my eyes shut in relief as I held him next to me on my lap.

I would never forgive myself if I'd let him die, not because he saved my life... Because I adored this human, I didn't want to see him die before me.

Thirty minutes into my thoughts, he began to wake up. His eyes flitted open, as he slowly rose up in confusion.

"Where are we?" he mumbled sitting up on his knees.

I looked around noticing yet again, we weren't in the same place we were before this.

I stood up astonished, snow was everywhere but the roads and sidewalks. It was slightly warm, not really cold at all. I looked on in confusion as did Harlem.

"I have no idea..." I replied to him.

I walked alongside of him as we found the sidewalk.

This place was familiar to me. It was dark out and it was utterly quiet.

It startled me.

Quiet places weren't always the best thing, nothing was never too quiet.

"Something isn't right..." I breathed clouds of smoke escaped from my mouth as I looked around.

Streetlights were lined up on either side of us and as I looked ahead to the mouth of the road... It looked like it wasn't nothing for miles.

"What do we do?" He asked in desperation.

I looked at him... I was once again lost in his beauty. His eyes glowed upon the night and his skin looked pale but golden at the same time. I reached over and caressed his face... He was truly perfection; it was just a matter of time before I would fall for him.

"Now... We walk..." I told him grabbing his arm guiding him to the mouth of the road.

We kept up conversation for a while... Asking questions about one another. I found out he had a brother and a sister named Selma and Steff, twins. His mother died after giving birth to the twins and his father stayed devoted to taking care of the three of them.

His other family never kept in touch and for my benefit he was single.

"What about you? Your parents? Your family?" he inquired glancing over to me.

I smiled and tried to come up with a good lie again. I didn't want to lie to him but... He should have known I was trouble, he found me in the woods bleeding out for crying out loud.

But then, it could've been a maniac man on a killing spree.

Even though I wish it was, it wasn't.

"Rain?" he asked hesitantly.

I looked at him and slightly smiled. I decided not to lie... He should know, not because he was on this walk with me... Because I needed his help.

"I was taken away from my mom and dad when I was four... I just got back... I have a sister; my dad is missing; I plan on looking for him and that's only what I know for now... I really don't know anything about my family..." I finished and stopping in my tracks.

He nodded. "Thank you for saving me back there... I don't know how I could ever repay you..." he thanked, as we both continued to walk again.

I continued. "My name is Crista Vanderbelt... But I prefer Rain... I'm eighteen years of age and I... --" I trailed off as I heard a voice I quite recognized.

"What?" he asked out of confusion.

I put a finger up silencing him. "Shush..."

It got quiet, then a laugh erupted my hearing.

That laugh sounded so familiar like I heard it many times before... Like a song I couldn't erase from my brain.

I walked over to an empty clearing that had a short bank of snow. The sound of snow crunching over our feet was heard, it drowned out the laugh, so I abruptly stopped.

"Rain? What's going on?" Harlem asked once again out of confusion. I silenced him once again. Hearing the laugh again, I quickly walked, following the sound of the laugh.

"Rain... Wait!" Harlem called after me.

I didn't stop until I finally came in contact with the laugh.

It was odd, only a back was shown to me. It was a male of course, he had short dark hair from what it looked like.

"Who's that?" Harlem wondered on the side of me.

"Hey!" I called out to the male figure in front of me.

He turned around and my body froze. There he was, standing there in front of me. I knew him, but I didn't. His expression turned to surprised, happy and scared all in a matter of seconds. I stood there not even breathing... Could it be... Could it be him? Standing there right in front me?

"Dad? Is that you?"

____________________________

___________

_________________________________