The Help.

CHAPTER 5

I walked quickly up to him and embraced him into a hug.

"Rain..." he said muffled in the grace of my hair.

I pulled away and looked into his eyes, his blue eyes shunned with so many emotions I couldn't even keep count.

"Come on inside..." he ushered and nodded to Harlem.

I looked up and noticed there was a house ahead and another person was standing there. I was so occupied with seeing dad, I didn't notice him.

It was an old-fashioned bricked house with a chimney. It looked like something out of a magazine, squared windows boarded up the house and rocks lined up the walkway.

He opened the door to his home, I was amazed, it defiantly didn't look like the outside.

His home looked comfortable and homey. Two couches made up the living room with a coffee table in the middle, The kitchen was in the far back. It was amazing how it were two stairways that lead to the bedrooms and two stairways on either side. The stairways were spiraled, which gave the house an expensive touch. There was no television present but there were two big glass windows that showed an amazing view of the snowbanks outside.

"Your home is beautiful..." I complimented, still looking around.

He nodded to me. "Thank you... Make yourself comfortable..." he said motioning us to the couches.

Harlem and I gladly sat as did he and his guest.

Suddenly, I noticed him now. He was a man with blonde hair and hazel eyes, He was quite handsome and muscular. Most definitely familiar I might add. Then that's when I noticed him, he was the guy at the hospital. I was about to say something, dad beat me to it.

"This is Garrett... My brother, your uncle... And I am Gabriel..." Dad introduced and looked at Harlem.

"Nice to meet you sir... I am Harlem..." Harlem replied.

Dad and Garrett nodded. 

"I have to tell you something... And I'm not sure you'll take it well..." Dad confessed.

I shriveled my eyebrows in confusion and me and Harlem shared a look.

"I'm afraid... I'm not your father..." he confessed once again.

"What!" Harlem and I said in unison.

He held his hand up trying to calm us down.

"Who the hell are you then?" I challenged and stood.

He did also and sighed. "I'm his twin brother... Unfortunately, we have the same name... My mother was an ass." he explained.

"He has a twin?" I said out of confusion.

He nodded and I looked at Garrett for proof, he nodded to me, as I covered my mouth in surprise.

"Where is he then?" Harlem questioned.

I looked at Harlem, realizing I haven't yet told him the full story and he was still concerned.

"Garrett why won't you take Harlem in the kitchen for a drink..." Gabriel demands and nods.

Garrett stood and ushered Harlem into the kitchen.

I glared at Gabriel. "You have two seconds to tell me what the hell is going on..." I viciously demanded pointing a finger at him.

He nods. "Okay... Just calm down Rain... I know how powerful you are..."

"I'm aware of that..." I snapped back.

"Just like you... I've been searching for him; do you know why you're here?" he asked

I shook my head no. "No idea..."

He nods. "You time traveled..." he retorted and sat down.

I folded my arms beneath my chest and cocked out a leg. "I what? How is that possible... How do you know this?" I scoffed.

"I thought you were aware of how powerful you were..." he mocked.

I glared at him.

"Hmm... I guess not..." he remarked getting out his phone.

"What are you doing?" I inquired wanting to grab the phone from his fat fingers.

"I'm calling Meredith..." he replied.

I was ready to ask who she was, I guess she picked up and he sent a finger my way.

"Yes. Meredith... I think it's someone here that you may want to see..." he considered eyeing me.

Harlem

This whole thing was confusing the hell out of me. How did we end up in a snowy neighborhood? Why did I feel like I had to protect Rain? Why did I have to come and take a drink with a stranger? What was Gabriel talking about with Rain? What the hell is going on?

"What's your name again?" Garrett asked me. he took a sip of his brown drink, setting the cup on the counter next to him.

I looked at him quickly. "Harlem..." I replied blankly taking a sip of mine also.

"So... Are you two dating?" he asked eyeing me.

I was about to ask why, the doorbell rung turning both of our heads.

We both shared a look, grabbing our drinks heading back into the living room.

Once we entered five people stood in the living room instead of four.

A woman, she looked old but young at the same time. She had red hair and golden eyes.

"Meredith? What brings you here?" Garrett questioned setting his drink on the coffee table.

She looked at all of us, her gaze stopping at Rain. She walked up to her slowly and standing inches from her.

Meredith reached up a hand and caressed her face. Rain slightly flinched from her touch.

"My dearest Rain... I'm so sorry..." Meredith fretted.

Before I knew what was happening Meredith abruptly stabbed Rain in the stomach. Her eyes went wide as Rain never left eye contact with Meredith. On instinct, I quickly ran to Rain pushing Meredith.

Just like that Gabriel launched at me getting me off Meredith.

He straddled me and punched me hard in the face, I quickly reached out with both hands sticking my thumbs in both of his eyes.

He yelled out in pain, as I pushed him off of me.

I got a knife out of my boot rapidly stabbing him in the heart.

After, I looked around to find Meredith dead on the ground with her heart in Rain's hand.

Rain had this deadly look on her face as she stared at Meredith's body.

I looked around for Garrett, he was nowhere in sight. I walked over to Rain, side by side.

"You know when you said you didn't know how to repay me for saving your life?" she asked still staring at Meredith's lifeless body.

"Yeah..." I replied.

"Good. Cause I'm going to need your help..." she ended and threw her heart across the room.

"Let's go..." she demanded.

_________________

______________________

____________________________