Doing This On My Own.

CHAPTER 9

"Wait stop!" Harlem pants as he held both hands on his knees.

"Stop?" I asked turning to face him.

What did he mean stop? We didn't at all loose the Hellhounds.

He looked at me and stood up against the tree, he held his chest as it weaved up and down.

"Do you want to die?" I asked sarcastically.

He smirked and looked to the back of us, where the hellhounds could be approaching.

"We have to find cover..." he said breathless

I nodded. "Yeah... Einstein how do you plan to do that when we are just standing here asking to die!" I exclaimed.

He nodded and stood up straight. "They are gone Rain... Why do you think they haven't shown up yet?" he confirmed.

I shook my head.

How in the hell could they be gone when just seconds ago the Hellhounds were in the back of us?

"So, they magically just disappeared... I bet they are plotting we could be in their territory right now... And not even know it." I said and paced the dry ground.

I looked at Harlem and he looked behind me in fear.

"You spoke a little bit too soon." He said pointing behind me.

I turned around quickly and about fifteen Hellhounds stood there, snarling and looking at us with hungry eyes.

"What do we do now?" I asked Harlem bagging away from the red eyed beasts.

"Use your magic..." he suggested.

I looked at him quickly wanting to smack the hell out of him. What if it just pisses them off?

I shrugged and held my palm towards them, purple light zapped to one Hellhound to another like a domino effect.
It surrounded them, lifting them off the ground. I watched in amazement as the purple light got lighter and lighter, blinding me causing me to shield my eyes with my other hand.

In seconds the Hellhounds burst in pieces sending guts, blood and skin straight to our faces. As my eyes were closed, I stood there disgusted.

"Gross!" Harlem exclaimed.

I wiped the remaining pieces from my face and opened my eyes.

The pieces of the Hellhounds were everywhere. But what I failed to realize is that I missed one.
It stood there looking at the last tidbits of his Minions. He looked at us and growled, I took the perfect opportunity to run. I took Harlem's arm and took off on my heels as the Hellhound ran after us. We ran through bushes as nearby tree branches pricked at our bodies.

We came to a halt when one jumped in front of us. He looked like he wanted to charge but didn't. He sat on his bottom and spoke to us.

Yes! Spoke!

"Follow me!" The Hellhound yelled.

I hesitated but Harlem grabbed my arm before I could even think. The talking Hellhound led us to a cabin, we hid on the side while the other Hellhound ran past us. Seeing that the coast was clear all of us left from the side of the cabin.

The Hellhound stared at us, its bones cracked and soon transformed into a man, then I realized it was Garrett.

I stood amazed at the scene.

"You're a shape shifter!" I exclaimed

Garret nodded and walked up to us. "I should have told you sooner." he blurted out, putting his clothes back on.