The Abandoned House.

CHAPTER 8

"I'm a hunter!" I shrieked; how could this be possible? I'm a supernatural for crying out loud.

I didn't want to be a hypocrite! Let alone hurt "my" kind.

"Garrett! Is anyone in the family a hunter or something of the sort?" I asked. I wanted to get to the bottom of this.

We were currently walking in the mild cold weather outside, it seemed like we've been walking for hours but it was only minutes. Harlem and Garrett on either side, while I walked in the middle.

"Your dad was a hunter..." he simply replied.

"Was?" I asked confusion clear in my voice.

He stopped and looked at me, like he was lost for words, like he didn't know his next sentence.

I squinted my eye at him, something wasn't right about him.

"I think we should keep moving..." Harlem insisted.

I looked at him and nodded. I didn't actually know where we were headed to, I didn't want to stay here any longer.

"How am I supposed to deal with this time traveling thing?" I thought aloud.

Garrett looked at me and nodded. "You could be taught how to control it..." he pointed out.

I stopped and put my hands on my hips. "Yeah? By whom?" I inquired.

He smirked. "Me..."

Harlem looked back and forth to Garrett and me, waiting for the next word.

"Well... I know a little about this stuff." Harlem confessed.

Garrett and I snapped our heads up at him. He couldn't actually be serious, is he telling us he knew what was going on the whole time?

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you right now..." Garrett bit out.

"Garrett... Let him finish..." I ordered and turned to Harlem.

Garrett shut his mouth closed but still held a glaring eye at Harlem.

Harlem looked at me. "You can control it by tapping into your dreams... Your locations usually change due to what you think about. When you're sleeping, it takes you to where you dream about." He stated sitting on a bench in the back of him.

"So, when I got into the car accident, I was thinking about my dad... Memories flashed through me." I remembered.

Harlem nodded. "See... There you go." he encouraged and looked at Garrett. He was still glaring at him, if looks could kill Harlem would be dead.

I looked at the both of them. "Look... Let's just find somewhere to sleep and then we can talk everything out. Okay?"

Garrett and Harlem nodded still glaring at one another. I rolled my eyes and started walking forward.

"Hey... What about over there?" Harlem pointed, attempting to stand.

It was an abandoned house ahead, I nodded, we all walked forward. My mind kept drifting over to how strange Garrett became all of a sudden.

"It's locked..." Garrett reported trying to pry through the door.

I thought back to how powerful everyone thinks I am... Maybe I could open this door?

"Let me try?" I suggested to Garrett, he nodded, he and Harlem stepped back.

I stood in the center of the building staring at the door. I took a couple of deep breaths, shaking my hands on the side of me, getting warmed up.