The "T" In Team

CHAPTER 6

Harlem and I found our way out of Gabriel's house, I knew something was up with him the minute we sat down. The energy in the room still wafting in the air as we walked along the bare streets. I just had to find out how to find my father, this changed my whole plan around I had no idea what to do now.

"Rain! Wait!" Harlem called out to me grabbing my arm.

I stopped and looked into his pool of grey eyes.

"What? What's going on?" I shook my head.

"I don't get it. You've been stabbed! We need to get you some help..." he pointed out.

I looked at him for a minute. Yeah... I forgot I didn't exactly tell him I was immortal. I really don't think I should, I'm very cautious when it comes down to that.

They made hunters for a reason.

"I'll be fine let's go..." I said and attempted to walk again.

"No! You need to get to a hospital..." he demands grabbing my arm once again.

I stared at him again. "Harlem... I know it's hard for you to understand... But I am fine..." I assured him.

He shook his head. "That's not possible..." he trailed off and wiped his face roughly.

"Now let's go before someone comes for us..." I demand and start forward.

"I'm not going anywhere until you agree to get that checked out..." he said and stood his ground.

He was actually serious.

"Oh! Stop being so stubborn... I'm fine..." I said folding my arms beneath my chest.

He shook his head and cocked a leg out repeating my gesture.

"You can't be serious..." I exclaimed throwing my hands up.

After a few minutes of just staring at one another I gave up. Fine... If he wanted to get killed by my evil family so, be it.

"I give up... I'm leaving..." I said walking away.

I was walking away from a partner I could've had.

Too bad. I wasn't going to just stand there and wait for something that already happened. I was completely healed; I could feel it.

I walked as far as my legs could take me, looking up I saw a man ahead, he just stood there glaring at me.

"Crap..." I said to myself as I knew I was going to get myself in more trouble that I lead on.

I walked towards the man slowly, as so did he towards me.

I stopped, he stopped.

I moved, he moved.

"Who are you?'' I yelled out to him.

He chuckled. "Come and find out..." His voice echoed throughout the neighborhood, I walked swiftly towards him stopping inches from his face.

It was Garrett, my uncle.

"Oh... Look who decided to pop up..." I said in amusement.

He smirked. "Lucky for you... I didn't come here to fight..."

His voice held a different sound; he had an accent of a British man.

"Oh?" I mimicked.

He looked around me. "Hmm... Where is your partner?" he asked

I shook my head. "Unfortunately... He went on vacation..." I said sarcastically.

He half smiled. "Do you know why you're here?"