Vibrant.

CHAPTER 2

I stood there looking at the long line of houses that stood in front of me.

This was utterly exhausting, but it had to be done! I needed to know what happened to me, most importantly why I was missing. I had no memories of ever being taken or anything like this moment. The only thing I remember is falling from the sky, I think I was pushed somehow. I could feel a strong force on my chest, I could feel boney fingers on my chest push with so much might. It felt like my chest was caving in, remembering the thought I held my chest softly realizing my task at hand. 

I grabbed the paper from my pocket to find the address once again.

2345 E Du Lane Street.

I looked up and went down the row of address numbers.
2339... 2340... 2341... 2342... 2343... 2344...

Bingo... 2345!

I walked up to the concrete steps and took a look at the house. It was grey and blue, with squared windows and a fancy design of beige curtains.

The house had its own backyard and sunporch, which was breathtaking. Nothing was familiar at all about this beautiful home, which confused me because I felt a sense of comfort standing in front of this house. 

I took a deep breath and walked onto the porch, preparing myself. My steps timid, with every step I took the stairs slightly creaked, sending an echo through the deserted block. I reached over to ring the doorbell and waited, my two hands rested on both sides of me. I was shaking, I was nervous.

I didn't know what to expect when someone opens this door. Will they welcome me with open arms? Will they look at me like I was a stranger? Will they accept me? That was the big question that I was heartedly afraid of, the people-- my family not accepting me. Snapping me of my thoughts, a woman opened the door. A swift breeze swept against us as we both locked eyes. Which was once a smile on her pretty face turned into a surprised look. My face stood solemn. 

She stood there frozen, as did I.

Her sandy brown hair blew softly in the wind, her caramel eyes still pierced mine as I stood there in the same frozen state.

Silence was all I heard as we looked at each other. I gulped in anticipation as I shared eyes with her.

She still held on to the edge of the door, her hand tightened, as her knuckles turned white.

"Mom!" she quickly yelled, her eyes not leaving mine.

I was silent.

I didn't know what to say or think.

I didn't recognize the pretty woman in front of me. She did look familiar though.

 I hate this Deja-vu feeling... It sucks!

Another woman came into view, she held a kitchen towel in her hands. She looked just like the woman standing next to her, same hair color but her eyes were a glistening blue. She was a little bit older I suppose.

She looked at me and stared. I mean just stared, holes into my face.

At this point I didn't know what to do, or where to go. This scene was awkward, I couldn't stand it.

Before I knew it... I felt my body turn away and my legs descended the porch steps.

"Wait... Rain!" The older woman yelled to me.

I stopped abruptly and turned around.

She sighed. "Why won't you come on in..." she suggested to me as she swung the towel on her shoulder.