𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

"YOU LOOK LIKE YOU COULD DO WITH A DRINK." Freddie slid into view, blocking Pandora and Doug from my view, a sweet smile on his face. "Definitely, what you got?" I asked, expecting him to save me from what so far seemed to be an uneventful and boring evening. Then again, it had only just begun. "Oh, well, nothing. Except for JJ's dad's Potato moonshine..." He trailed off as I looked at him curiously, shaking his head in disapproval. "Trust me, you'd rather be sober." I giggled, smiling at his small smirk as he put his arm over my shoulder, standing by my side as JJ walked in, heading straight for us. "Hello Rory, wow, you look, well, incredible... I'm sure Freddie's told you already," He looked between the pair of us, noticing Freddie's arm over my shoulder, before mumbling something about shutting up. "JJ's right. You look beautiful." He said, smiling down at me once more, leaving me with butterflies in my stomach. "Did you try my dad's magical brew? It's his own creation, not sure how he did it though, maybe he has some sort of recipe or ingredient list-" I giggled at JJ's awkwardness, just by the way he spoke I could tell he was more nervous than usual. Before I could even ask why, Katie and Emily waltzed through the door, heading straight for us. Emily smiled as she saw me, clearly not expecting to have a good time tonight if she was stuck with her sister all night. "This all just feels... weird, you know? I mean, we're here, with them. Feels sort of, coupley." JJ whispered to Freddie as the girls drew closer, causing him to nudge him slightly, shaking his head at him. I sighed as the pair of them, glancing at the girls, thinking to myself how odd these couples would be. And yet, somehow, I couldn't help but feel a slight bubble of jealousy forming inside myself, a forced smile appearing on my face as Freddie removed his arm from its place around my shoulder to hug Katie.

"Ladies. Welcome to the Love Ball." Freddie smirked as Katie smiled up at him, while JJ stumbled over his words, blushing as he made eye contact with Emily. "Yes, love is all around, hopefully, and, um..." JJ paused as he spotted Naomi, a foul look on her face as she strutted over to the group. She sighed loudly as she reached us all, clearly unimpressed by what she was seeing. "Oh, how sweet. Look at you all." She smiled, but it wasn't sincere, and I could tell something was wrong. I just wasn't sure what. "JJ! Looking suave! Tonight should be fun, especially if you all get some action. Emily's great in the sack, isn't she, JJ?" I covered my mouth in shock- how did Naomi find out? All our eyes turned to JJ as I hoped he wouldn't say anything, yet I just knew he wouldn't be able to help himself. "Um... yes... I mean... wait, I mean... but... Oh, bobbins." For a brief second, I could have sworn I saw a small smirk appear on Katie's face, but it disappeared as quickly as it came, silence overwhelming the group. "Naomi, I wanted to tell you..." Emily looked heartbroken, but you could tell Naomi was crushed, not even giving Emily a chance to speak. " Yeah? But you didn't, did you, hon? So, if you'll excuse me..." She spat the words out like poison, sniffling as she walked away. "Christ!" Emily watched as Naomi walked away, before walking off in the opposite direction, heading for the exit.

"Right." Katie strutted after Naomi, the three of us watching her as she went. "Come on. They're girls. They always kiss and makeup." Freddie said, extending his hand to me, nodding his head towards where Katie had waltzed off to. I laughed at his ignorance, Freddie blissfully unaware that women were sometimes batshit crazy. This definitely wasn't the end of it. And as much as I wanted to ditch the party and ditch the drama, with the way Katie strutted off, I knew something was about to go down. "Oh Freddie, you are clueless about women, aren't you?" JJ even managed a little chuckle, although he didn't quite sound like himself, and I could tell he felt bad about the whole Emily thing. "Come on JJ, let's head back inside. Don't feel bad, okay, tonight's supposed to be a party!" I smiled at him, giving him a hug before taking Freddie's hand as we weaved our way through the dance floor to the corridor. And as we pushed through the double doors leading to the hallway, what I didn't expect to see was Naomi and Katie fighting, with Katie pushing Naomi up against the lockers. Fucking hell.

"Get off me! You're a mad fucking cow, aren't you, Katie?" Naomi yelled as Katie shoved her into our tutor room, the sound of toppling chairs echoing as the three of us glanced between each other, clearly not sure what to do. "You know what? You're so fucking right." Katie's voice grew louder, with more clattering being heard from down the hall. "We should do something, right?" JJ asked, just as Emily appeared from behind us, surprising us all. "About what?" She asked, and both boys looked at me, too afraid to speak as the sound of a slap left the room, Emily's eyes widening as she followed the source of the sound. "That's for fucking her up," Katie yelled, and the three of us followed Emily, listening as her sister and Naomi continued their screaming match. "You fucked her up. She's my sister. You're just some slut. She doesn't need you." I could practically imagine Naomi rolling her eyes, and for a second I grabbed Emily, realizing this might not be something she wanted to see. "Em, wait a second." She shook me off as Naomi started talking, but she was smart. She stood just out of their view, hidden behind the door frame, just able to see them through the half-closed blinds. "Didn't need to blab about JJ! You just loved doing it, didn't you, Katiekins?" Emily turned to me, a disappointed look on her face, a look of hurt. Her own sister, once again, fucked her over. But, why? "She deserved it." Emily picked the perfect moment to appear in the doorway, completely devastated as Katie seemed almost proud that she told Naomi. "What did I deserve, Katie?" Emily rolled her eyes as her sister tried to defend herself, but it was clear she had given up. "Fuck off," Emily said as she began to walk away, Katie calling after her, begging her to come back.

When Emily turned back around, it was like she was a completely different person. She was fed up, and she'd had enough. She was furious. "You fucking cow!" She ran at Katie screaming, pulling her hair and spinning her into the lockers, all of us staring in shock, not sure whether to intervene or let Emily have her moment. It had clearly been built up for a long time, the way she was slapped and clawing at her twin. And somehow, the fight ended up being dragged all the way to the dance floor, the pair of them ripping each other's dresses, crashing into anything that was in their way. "Girls, girls! Girls, girls!" Doug rushed to pull them apart but it was no use, and Emily pushed Katie to the ground, her fist clenched as if she was ready to swing at her beloved sister. "Oh god. We should have stopped this." I said, but Freddie shook his head as JJ motioned for us to look. Emily extended her hand to Katie and pulled her up from off the floor, the pair of them looking a mess. "Katie. I can't stand this. I can't deal with this anymore. I'm a person. My own person. I'm not you. And what you need to understand is that I love you." She smiled softly, placing her hand on her sister's shoulder. "I'm not going anywhere, but only if you can understand that this is who I am. I can't fix this. I don't even want to. I like girls. No... I like a girl. No. I love her. Okay? I love... her." She said as she pointed across the room to Naomi, who looked taken aback by the confession, a smile painted across her face. "Okay?" Katie's mouth was slightly agape, but she nodded, leaving Emily to join Naomi on the dance floor, music resuming and everyone clapping as they finally got their couples dance that they'd both been waiting for.

"See, a happy ending. I told you." Freddie said, and I nudged him slightly as he pulled me into his side, just as JJ wandered off for a drink, leaving the two of us alone. "And I can see that's not the only fairytale ending for tonight." I waved to Pandora as she threw me a thumbs up from across the dancefloor where she and Thomas were hugging, swaying to the music. Finally, some good news around here. "So, do you think maybe we could have a little happy ending tonight too? Even if it's just for tonight." I giggled, thinking he was joking, until he held my chin with his hand, tilting my head to face his. "What do you say, Aurora?" I melted as his eyes met mine, our faces so close I could almost feel his breath on my lips, and at that moment I could think of nothing better than his lips on mine. "Freds, ye-" Before I could even finish my words, he cut me off with his lips, kissing me slowly yet passionately, the butterfly feeling reminding me of the first time we kissed. And all I could think was how happy I felt at this moment, and how I wished "happy ever after" could last forever.