𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

AFTER A LONG NIGHT OF BROKEN SLEEP, I ended up at college, my mum denying me a day off, dragging me from the comfort of my blankets and fluffy pillows. Instead, I was sat in an uncomfortable plastic chair, sitting in between Cook and Pandora, as Miss Long, or Josie as we called her, went on and on about Hamlet. On a normal day, I might have actually been interested, but all I wanted to do was sleep. Thank god today was a half-day. "Long night, huh?" Cook asked, looking me up and down as I leaned on my hand, elbow resting on the table to keep me up. I ignored Cook's stupidity, trying to block out his voice, but of course, he spoke again. "Been a busy girl huh? Had a rough shag or something last night?" This got the attention of the class, and our teacher Josie, both of who were staring in my direction. "Shush!" Josie hushed Cook, shaking her head as she resumed whatever she was talking about.

She held up her hand as if pretending it was a person, as she began a conversation with the hand character called 'Gerald'. "So. Hamlet. What's it all about dudes? Anyone?" She looked around the class, no one wanting to volunteer an answer, and so of course it was Gerald, our teacher's hand, who answered. "Well, Josie, through the fog of his grief, Hamlet is struggling to choose between action or inaction, and through this struggle, he encounters existential forces illuminating the path towards death which is, in itself, life." She had put on a squeaky voice for this character, nodding happily as 'he' spoke. Miss Long continued this little sketch until the door burst open, Freddie rushing in, all eyes turning to him.

"I got held up." He spoke, glancing around the room as Cook tapped the empty chair beside him, indicating for Freddie to come to sit. Freddie looked between the empty chair, and another empty chair beside Effy, before choosing to sit with her. Cook rolled his eyes, almost laughing at Freddie, while Effy glanced over at us, looking rather smug. The teacher shook her head as he mumbled an apology, though he definitely didn't mean it; he was late almost every day for one reason or another. "Is Freddie gonna fail his A-levels?" She asked herself in a weird voice again, before she replied back in her normal voice. "Afraid so, Gerald. You're all gonna fail if you don't read the bloody book."

"I've read it! It was great!" Pandora spoke up excitedly, which surprised all of us and put a smile on Miss Long's face. "Oh! That's wonderful." Miss Long smiled, but Pandora frowned. "I didn't really understand it though. Did the ghost do it after all, or was it Voldemort? He's a right beast, isn't he?" We all looked at her like she'd lost her mind, and Emily giggled beside her. "I think you've got your books mixed up again Panda." Pandora looked at me confused, and I put a hand on her shoulder, shaking my head. "Voldemort is from Harry Potter, not Hamlet." She mumbled an 'oooo' in understanding before Josie resumed.

"So! In summary, the predominant themes of William Shakespeare's Hamlet are action, inaction, madness, grief, death." As she spoke, I glanced over to Effy and Freddie, arms touching as they both stared at their desks, jealousy building up inside of me, although if you asked I'd deny it. Cook noticed me cross my arms, and smirked, putting his arm around me. "Don't worry. Your still my favourite Stonem." I rolled my eyes, noticing Freddie staring at us before Josie addressed the class once more. "Anyone else?"