𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

WHEN I WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING, I FINALLY FELT REFRESHED. It was a miracle that I'd managed to get enough sleep for once, feeling awake and ready for my day, the sun shining through the window as a smile formed on my face. Beside me was Freddie's shirtless body, the sun warming his torso as my hands traced his abs peacefully, happy to wake up beside him. His legs moved to untangle from my own, stretching as he began to wake. "Morning babe," I said as I played with his fringe, watching his eyes flutter open as they adjusted to the light. He groaned, rolling over, dragging me with him under the cover and making me giggle

Loud banging on my bedroom door silenced the pair of us, and we froze in place as the banging continued. "Rory!" Effy yelled through the door, and I yelled back. "What do you want?" "Get up, we can go to college together." I rolled my eyes at Freddie, before yelling back. "Can't. Sorry. See you later." I said, before pulling Freddie under the duvet, ignoring Effy's questions through the door. She didn't give up though, and it was her final move that was her worst. A simple knock on my door made me realize it wasn't Effy anymore but instead my mother. "Aurora, open this door right now." God damn it. I quickly got out of bed, panicking slightly, despite the fact the lock was on. "Get under the bed!" I hissed to Freddie, who was barely awake and was not ready for such panic so early in the morning. Admittedly, we should have been up already, school would start soon.

Freddie crawled under the bed just as I unlocked the door, my mum immediately opening the door with a smug-looking Effy behind her. "Morning Aurora. Your dearest sister has just woken me up, telling me that you have a boy in your bed." She rubbed her eyes, clearly tired, and peered around the door to my bed, which was thankfully empty. "No. Just me." I said as she opened the cupboard door upon Effy's suggestion, and of course, it was empty too. "When did that young man leave last night then? I didn't see him go." Effy looked around suspiciously as if searching for evidence of the boy all around the room. "You were asleep on the sofa mum. You wouldn't have noticed if the house was on fire." She looked at me as though I'd crossed the line, mumbling something about me taking the piss, but then she turned and left, shouting at us to stop mucking around and to get ready for college. Effy stood in the room, unsatisfied with Mum's search. "Where is he then?" She asked, cross-armed in the doorway. "God give me a break. Freddie walked me home after I got sent home, then he left. That's it." She nodded slowly, still not believing me, but she left my room anyway, slamming the door behind her. Freddie rolled out from under the bed, causing me to giggle as we got ready for college, waiting for Effy to leave so we could make our escape.

We left for college a little later than we planned, running slightly late since Effy wouldn't leave the house, probably trying to catch us in the act. It's true, I could have just told her I was with Freddie, it would at least mean less sneaking around. But it's pretty clear that Effy likes Freddie, and I don't want to cause problems or risk her playing around with him. And technically, right now, me and Freddie are just hanging out. There's no official label. Just friends. And since she didn't tell me about her shagging Cook for the second time, why do I owe her any explanation of my potential love life. I love my sister, but I know what she's like, and for once I'd like a boy to be left alone, not wrapped around her finger.