𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

LATE THAT AFTERNOON, AFTER ALL THE WILD PARTYING THE NIGHT BEFORE, I was rudely awoken by my phone repeatedly ringing, the vibrations causing my phone to bang slightly atop the wooden bedside table until it eventually fell and found a place on the floor. I groaned, attempting to reach over the side of the bed, feeling the blankets tangled around me, almost pulling me away from the phone. I tried to sit up, my head weighing me down, a strong hangover holding me prisoner to the bed, head anchored to the pillow. I turned over, trying to pull the duvet over my head, but what I didn't expect was to come face to face with a slightly hairy torso belonging to none other than Freddie McClair. Great. I pulled back, embarrassed and filled with regret, not sure what on earth we were doing in bed together, head throbbing as I tried to fill in the blanks from last night, struggling to remember how I even got home. I slowly removed my legs from in between his, leaning over the side of the bed to reach my phone. Five missed calls, one from Emily and four from Katie, which surprised me. I rolled my eyes seeing her name, not wanting to call her back, yet maybe if she was calling it was important. It wasn't like we were besties. Far from it.

I called her back, bringing the phone to my ear as I listened to the ringing sound, glancing behind me as if to double-check Freddie actually was there, and that I wasn't just dreaming. But, of course, there he was, sprawled across the bed, hair a mess. "Finally Rory! I've called you so many times this morning, why haven't you answered? Five times, Rory. Five! I even thought you might have been ignoring me. I was getting kind of annoyed, to be honest, but anyway, what are you doing today?" Katie didn't even give me a chance to speak, ranting on and on about how she'd called me as if I didn't see the missed calls. "Katie, I was sleeping. What's up?" I spoke quietly, not wanting to wake Freddie up behind me. "Why are you being so quiet? Are you with someone?" I rolled my eyes, knowing she was fishing for the gossip. "No, I've just got a headache. Shhh. Now, what do you want?" I asked, and she mumbled something about how abrupt I was being, and she was right, but the last time I saw Katie she was flirting with Freddie, laying in his bed which is why we got into this drama in the first place. "Okay. Listen. Wanna come to a party tonight?" She asked, and I groaned, thinking about the fact that it was a Sunday and my head was banging. But then I remembered we were off school tomorrow, something about a teacher training day. They needed training, that's for sure. "Where?" I asked, and I could almost hear her smirk through the phone as she spoke, "The woods. Somewhere called... oh what was it Freddie told me... Gobblers Knob! No, wait... Gobblers End!" She name-dropped Freddie purposely, wanting me to react, but I wouldn't give her the satisfaction. "Gobblers End? Never heard of it, but fine. Everyone going?" I asked, and she went silent for a second. "Cook isn't invited. I don't want him to come and I doubt I'm the only one." I was about to have a bit of a fit, wanting to defend him, especially after last night. All he wanted was to be loved, to feel like people cared for him, and being uninvited would make him feel fucking awful. "Fine. Who's driving us?" "Freddie. We planned this on the day you interrupted us; he said he'd take his dad's car." I rolled my eyes, muttering curses under my breath, noticing some movement behind me. "Okay. Text me the details." I said, hanging up abruptly just as Freddie sat up, his phone now ringing from his side.