𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

AS THE WOODS WAS PLUNGED INTO DARKNESS, the group became wild, the shrooms finally kicking in. I joined the group again after taking a little break, first chilling with Katie and JJ eating barbequed sausages, before relaxing in my tent, as decided to chill with JJ and Katie, the three of us the only ones not partaking in the shrooms. We set fire to the sparklers, dancing around to the music blasting from the speaker as we drew pictures in the air, writing our names with the sparkler. "I am so fucked!" I could hear Freddie yelling from next to the tents, Effy laughing in his face as they giggled about how fucking fucked they were. I headed over to them slowly, the pair of them so fucked that they didn't even notice me coming. "Listen, this morning, I actually wanted to talk to you. About, well, my feelings." As I walked over, my heart stopped, and I shook my head. Enough was enough. "Well go ahead Ef, care to share your feelings with us?" I said as I stood next to Freddie, arms crossed. She was taking the piss now. "I'll tell you later Freds. See ya." She said as she wandered off, leaving Freddie confused. "What was that all about? Feelings?" He asked, giggling slightly, covering his mouth in an attempt to stifle his laughter. "Freddie, really? Don't act like you don't know?" I walked off, sitting in my tent alone, not in the mood for anyone - especially while they were all off their heads. Maybe I was harsh on Freddie, but a part of me was wondering if he was enjoying Effy's attention. This trip was all just getting a bit too much.

And then, as if things weren't crazy enough, Effy began freaking out. "Who moved the stuff? Seriously, who moved everything? The bags are gone."  Katie stood up, fed up with Effy, probably thinking she was just tripping out and being stupid. But when she came over to where Effy was freaking out and turns out, she was right. "This isn't funny guys," Katie said, just as a gunshot rang out through the forest, a few of the girls squealing in panic. "I don't like this, Ef," Pandora said as we all stood up, panicking as the gunshots continued, sounding as though they were getting closer and closer. Thomas rushed to turn the music off as Freddie and JJ turned all the lights off, stomping the fires out. A rustling could be heard within the trees, all of us rushing around in a panic, laying down on the floor as low as we could, my hands shaking as I tried to calm down, attempting to take control of my breathing. Screams echoed in the distance, and as the gunshots seemed to quieten, a bright light shone through the trees, the man screaming and running in our direction, all of us not moving out of fear. As the shadowy figure got closer to us, Effy stood up, whacking the shadow in the head, his body falling to the floor.

"What the fuck do you think you're playing at?" He yelled as he pinned the unknown man to the floor, peeling off his mask to reveal Cook, which most definitely wasn't what any of us expected. "Jesus! You fucking prick. I should fucking kill you!" Freddie said, making his way over to me as I sat shaking, crouching down in front of me and holding on to my hands. "Rory? You alright? It's fine, it's just Cook." He said, pulling me up from the ground into his chest as the rest of the group comforted each other, all pissed at Cook; Naomi and Emily calling him a tosser and a prick. "Calm down, calm down. I took your sodding knapsacks, children. The guns? It's just poachers, you daft wankers." He giggled slightly, as Freddie and I joined everyone standing around Cook, who was still laying on the floor. "Poachers?" Em asked, and Cook nodded, "After rabbits and shit. Not you. I was just trying to freak you out. I thought it would be funny. And it totally was! Ooh, turn off the lights! Ooh, we're going to die!" His laughter seemed to infuriate the rest of the group, especially Katie, who kicked him slightly, getting his full attention. "What the fuck are you doing here?" She asked, and he smiled. "I smell a shindig, and I'm there." Katie rolled her eyes, kicking him once more. "Yeah well, you weren't invited so you can just fuck off!" Cook stared up at me, shaking his head.