𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

FOR THE NEXT TEN DAYS I WAS BEDBOUND; not going to school, not going out. Instead, I spent my time sitting alone in bed, binge-watching tv-series and playing video games. My mother was constantly in and out of my room, making sure I was okay, asking if I needed anything, and trying to cheer me up which was almost impossible. She kept asking if I wanted to go for a little walk to the shops, or even to the park, but I always said no, not wanting to be seen like this. I looked awful, with blue and purple bruising all along the left side of my face, a small plaster still protecting my wound, although it wasn't hurting that much anymore. My hair was disgusting and messy,  I had heavy bags under my eyes, and I was definitely glad to be hidden away from the rest of Bristol.

During the week I'd received countless messages from everyone at school, sending their sympathies and wishing me a speedy recovery, already waiting for when I'd come back to school. But I didn't want to go back, at all, yet it seemed like I had to. I'd already missed my history exam and countless pieces of homework and coursework, all that I'd have to do when I returned. And the longer I stayed at home, the more the pile grew, pretty much forcing me to go back. And so, despite looking and feeling like shit,  I begrudgingly decided I'd return, bringing a genuine smile to my mum's face as I told her. "Brilliant! Oh, that's fantastic Rory! You know, I'll give your headmistress a call right now, let her know you'll be coming in today, I'll just tell her you'll be a bit late, give you a chance to get ready and sort yourself out." She said, looking me up and down, a weak smile present on her face as she left my room, rushing to get the phone and announce that at least one of her daughters would be returning to school. Effy, however, was still out adventuring with Cook, neither of them messaging me since the woods. I assumed Cook knew, considering he was with Effy, and I was kind of let down. He hadn't messaged me at all, yet only a few hours before my head was whacked in, he had claimed I was one of his only mates. I didn't get it.

I could hear my mother talking from downstairs, and I realized I was actually doing this. It was too late to take it back. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and rushed up to get ready, knowing I needed to do something about my crazy hair, which looked a mess. Freshening up, I fixed my hair into a low ponytail, redoing my bandage, and taping it in place. For a simple outfit, I shoved on a cute baby blue tank top and some black mom jeans, trying to be simplistic but not so simple that everyone would think I'd given up, or that I was weak or needed their pity. No, I wanted none of that. I just wanted to be back to normality.

"Aurora, wow, you look much better! But, don't you want to wear some makeup or something, I mean I'm sure you don't want people asking about Effy and-" I rolled my eyes as I reached the bottom of the stairs, knowing my mum just wanted me to hide what had happened, so people didn't ask questions. "Come on mum, seriously? I don't need this right now. I'll see you later, alright." I said as I walked out the front door, slamming it behind me. Maybe a break from the house would be good for me? Although I somehow doubted that, not convincing myself at all. And after a long walk to school, nothing had changed.