𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

PANDORA AND I SPENT THE NEXT HOUR OR SO GETTING DRESSED UP, making sure our hair and makeup were just the way we wanted it. I had to admit, the dress that Pandora found for me, the dress I picked, was beautiful. It hugged my body in all the right places, and the colour was to die for. Pandora's mother even complimented me on it, although her eyes were full of judgement. I knew she wouldn't say anything, especially after all the chaos of Pandora's birthday and the way she acted - granted it wasn't her fault but to her, she probably thought she had some sort of breakdown. I still wonder how Pandora explained her mum's behaviour to her, or if they both just moved past it, and acted like it never happened.

"Righty then, are we ready? Time to get our groove on, huh?" Pandora laughed as she spun around, showing off her long lacy pink dress, with purple material streaming off of it from the waist, wrapping around her like a belt. It suited her, the detail and uniqueness reflecting who she is. It was cute. "You look lovely Pandora. And yes, ready to groove." I giggled as I pulled out my phone, calling a cab to come and pick us up. "How long?" I asked the driver over the phone, who mumbled what I understood as five minutes before hanging up the phone abruptly. "He'll be here in a minute, we better get our shoes on." We grabbed our heels by the straps, giggling as we made our way downstairs, my mind finally focusing on the good for once, listening to Tony's advice for once.

The sound of a loud honking came from outside, just as the pair of us managed to put our shoes on in time. I rushed out the door, hearing Pandora call out goodbye to her mother, following after me as I stepped into the cab. "I'm well excited, I am. Hoping that tonight will be the night everything works out, for all of us! But especially me and Thomas. I just want him to look at me the same way he did before, and I'm worried he never will. But in this dress, how could he not?" She gestured to herself as we began our journey to the ball, and I couldn't help but smile at her confidence. "Yes girl, you'll get him back, I'm sure." She smiled to herself, clearly imagining how tonight would go, before turning to me. "What about you? Do you think you'll end your night with a kiss from a prince?" She wiggled her eyebrows as she spoke, excited at the thought of romance and happy ever afters. "I doubt it, I don't even know how I'm feeling anymore. It's been a bit messy in my head." She nodded as I spoke, opening her mouth as if she had something to say, before deciding against it. I let it go, knowing it was probably some sort of joke about me having my head bashed open.

"I'll pull up here." Our driver sounded moody, scratching his almost bald head as he pulled up to the curb, Pandora and I smiled excitedly as we saw the pink and red balloons strung up outside the hall. "You know, it doesn't look half bad!" I said as we paid the cab driver, rushing out of the car, fuelled by excitement. "It's brilliant! I mean, look at the heart-shaped entrance, look at the lights! I didn't expect anything like this at all!" Pandora followed me out of the cab, mouth agape as she looked in shock at the cute ball our college had set up. "Let's head inside?" I asked, and Pandora grinned massively, holding out her hand for me to take. "Let's go!" She squealed, pulling me along by my hand as she ran up the stairs, clearly eager to get inside. But, by the time we actually reached the hall door, she seemed overwhelmed with nerves, knowing tonight was her chance to sort things out with Thomas. And if it didn't go well, she'd be devastated. Not even the love heart decorations that filled the hall could distract her from the butterflies she was feeling. "Pandora, come on. You've got this." I said as I walked inside, her following slowly behind me. I just hoped I was right, and that the night would be everything Pandora hoped for, rather than the nightmare nights out we were getting used to.

"Aurora, step this way!" Doug called my name, and I stepped through the love heart hanging curtains, putting on a brave face in the hopes Pandora would follow. "Well, you look lovely!" He smiled, adjusting his red bowtie, bringing a smile to my face. "Not too bad yourself, Doug." He looked around me, as if confused, and I knew what was going to follow. "Don't worry Doug, I did bring someone!" I said, before reaching behind me and pulling Pandora away from where she was hiding behind the curtains. "Ah, Pandora! I must say, you are a vision! Where is your beau?" He asked her, and she pointed to the big bow on her dress, making me snort slightly, holding in my laughter. "Here, silly, and look, it's massive!" He smiled softly, looking between the pair of us as covered my mouth in an attempt to hide my giggles. "No, I mean your... beau, your boyfriend. Your escort." She shook her head, and for a moment I was considering stepping in, to make sure she wasn't upset, but when she spoke I knew she didn't realise what he had meant. Somehow, she was oblivious. "I tried escorting, but I didn't like it. Wasn't for me. Maybe I should head to a nunnery instead. You know, no boys, no way, no how." Doug frowned, mumbling disapprovingly under his breath, before extending a hand to Panda. "Well, would you allow me the honour of a dance? Let's get this party started, shall we?" Pandora took his hand as she bragged about her dancing skills before walking off together. And it was only then, as I watched the pair of them make their way to the dance floor, that I realised how similar the pair of them were. It was weird now, as they danced side by side, that I'd never even noticed it before. Deep in thought, I laughed to myself, somehow getting an image of what they'd be like when they were older. I giggled to myself, hopeful that tonight would be a good night, and that maybe - just maybe - Pandora would get the happy ending with Thomas that she hoped for. Maybe we all would.