𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

WE CONTINUED GOSSIPING UNTIL THE BROWNIES WERE READY, and when Pandora's mother came upstairs to share them out, it was clear she'd already had a couple. She entered the room by bursting open the door, brownies piled on a plate in her hand. Her previously neat ponytail was now a slightly messy one, and she just seemed so much more relaxed. "Look Mum, we're pretty in pink!" Pandora yelled excitedly, and her mum smiled as she stood in the doorway. "Oh! That's wonderful, girls. I must compliment myself, though. My brownies are usually delicious, but I've really excelled myself. This is my third already!" She holds the tray out as I glance between the girls, knowing that three brownies laced with MDMA weren't going to end well for Miss Moon. "Yum, I'm gonna have three too! Thanks, mum." Pandora excitedly took one brownie and her mum just nodded at her, before freezing up, pausing herself. "Wow! Listen to that!" She whispered, quite excited. Silence flooded the room as we tried to figure out what she was listening to, but in all honesty, I had no idea. "Can you hear the music? Oh yeah!" Her mum started getting overly excited over nothing, and as we tucked into the brownies, one by one we began feeling it. Effy began nodding along as Pandora's mum quite literally let her hair down, swaying and spinning to the feeling she was feeling. "Yeah, I'm getting it!" Effy laughed along, dancing around too, as Katie reached for another cake, and I took my first. "What have you done?" Pandora asked, looking unhappy with all of us, and Naomi just sighed. "Eat a cake, Panda. It's gonna be a long night." Gradually everyone except Pandora joined in, and I noticed Pandora was staring down at the half-eaten brownie in her hand, not at all looking impressed. The group of us, including Pandora, began singing along together, and as Pandora's mum took off her cardigan, it was clear Pandora had had enough. She stormed out of the room, and I almost wanted to chase after her, but Effy held me back, grabbing my arms to dance with me.

Eventually, it all got too much for Pandora's mum, and after she'd stripped herself down, leaving her in her top and tights, she began to get incredibly drowsy. At one point she almost fell over, and we were worried she would pass out and bang her head or something. After Pandora's mum slumped herself in the corner, Naomi and Emily decided to carry her into her bedroom, laying her on the bed so she could rest. Effy left the room to find Pandora, leaving me and Katie alone, which wasn't ideal considering I found her mostly annoying. "I think Pandora's upset about the brownies." She commented, which almost surprised me; I didn't even think she would care. "I think you might be right. Maybe we should go with Effy to talk to her?" I suggested, and that's when we heard yelling coming from the bathroom. We followed the noise to just outside Pandora's room, where Effy stood outside the bathroom, pleading with Panda who was on the other side of the door. The door suddenly burst open, and a sobbing Panda revealed herself, tears streaming down her face.

"You always bog everything up! It's always you! You do everything you like just cause you are depressed cause your mum is getting whacked up the pants! Well bogging bog off! This is my party and I'm upset because my boyfriend got deported and you're supposed to be eating jelly and playing twister at my party and telling me how to pop my cherry with my boyfriend-" "Christ sake. I'll show you how to do a blowjob." Effy spoke, and I could see her eyes watering slightly, yet she still seemed to show no interest or emotion for Pandora. "I don't want a blowjob! I want my boyfriend back!" Panda slammed the door in Effy's face, not even noticing Katie and me in the doorway. "Panda, I was just..." My sister paused, not even having an excuse for why she couldn't spend one night doing something her supposed best friend wanted. It's true that we'd probably all rather be at a club or smoking or whatever, but Panda is supposed to be Effy's best friend. Pandora does everything for Effy, surely Effy could have just played nice and done without the drugs for one night? "Panda!" Effy yelled through the door, and at that point, Katie stepped in. "She's upset." She explained as if it wasn't obvious to Effy. "Do I ever get to be upset? Do I ever get to be anything but me?" She turned it around, making the situation about herself when it really wasn't. Typical Effy. She looked at me as if waiting for me to say something, but I simply shook my head. Effy then stormed into the bedroom where Pandora's mum was, leaving me and Katie standing outside, still trying to get Pandora to come out. Katie eventually went downstairs to find her sister, leaving me outside the bathroom, alone.

"Hey, Pandora. It's Aurora." Pandora sighed from inside the bathroom, whispering through the door. "Go away, please. I don't want to talk Rory." I knocked on the wood in some sort of rhythm, sitting down on the floor in front of the bathroom door. "Listen Pandora. Effy's sorry. She really is. She was telling the truth when she said it wasn't her, but obviously, she knew about it. I'm sure she didn't mean for it to get out of hand. I know it's no excuse but things have been a little difficult for us, our family is falling apart, and we barely even have each other. But you're her best friend, she should have thought about you and what you're going through. I know she doesn't say it much, and I don't really say it either, but we see you as a sister, Panda. Even if we're shit at showing it. This is probably the only time I'll ever talk about my feelings, but we really care about you. Us Stonem's can just go a bit over the top sometimes when we're hurting." I spoke out, in the hopes that she'd come out, but all I got were sniffles behind the door. As I was about to give up and head downstairs with the others, Pandora spoke quietly. "That's the thing. You and Effy, you are both going through shit. You are both depressed, a little mental, both sad, both struggling. Yet you still find a way to be nice, to be a good friend. Yes, you have the Stonem attitude. Just like Effy. Some days you seem just as fucked up as Effy, other days more so, but some days you're sweeter. You aren't afraid to show you care. You aren't afraid to show some affection, and I've always admired that. You're the depressed Stonem, with a big heart." She sniffled out from behind the door, and I felt my eyes welling up. No one had ever said something so nice to me. Pandora was genuine. I guess I did care a bit more than Effy, but she was scared. Scared of being hurt.

"Pandora, thank you. I hope you'll come out soon and join us all. Maybe we can play some twister?" I heard some mumbling behind the door as I got up, saying goodbye to Pandora just as a bunch of noise came from downstairs, worrying me. After going downstairs, I saw the issue. The cause of the commotion. Katie's boyfriend had shown up and invited so many people the house was swarming, filled with dancing bodies, twister long gone.

If Pandora's mum saw us now, she'd kill us.