Love Of My Life

AU: This is REALLY long to be a one shot, and in my opinion, this is quite a huge mess of words. But I still hope you enjoy this. :)

*Roger's POV*

  New fresh start on my way to becoming a great priest.

  Every morning, I wake up, tidy myself up, fix my bed, and grab my cross to do some morning prayers.

  I used to be a loser, associated with drugs and alcohol, relying on weed just to get through school. But ever since this other boy who is also in training, Brian, found me all knocked out on the staircase of their seminary, brought me into their house and took care of me. When I woke up, I was so grateful and thankful, asking how much money I should pay them back. They wanted nothing but prayers for every brother and sister, so I decided to stay and become a better person with the help of God.

  I shall say that after being peaceful for four months, Brian and I had become really close. We were inseparable, like brothers. We break silly rules sometimes because we can't quiet our minds during prayer. I really enjoy just sharing glances with him while trying to hold in a laughter that came out of nowhere.

  "Rog~~ Doing better these days, huh?" He ran towards me and touched my head, then he looked out the window of my room and whistled a melody of a rock song. "Isn't that 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand'?" I asked while I did the sign of the cross. He kept on whistling until he was finished with the first chorus. "Yeah." He answered.

   Silence. How used to that I was since I have been here. I looked at Brian, who was still looking out the window. He was really pretty. Tall and charming, with that long hair that was his signature look. Everyone here calls him "Brisus". Of course, out of the supervision of the leading priests we have in here. They really forgot how to have fun and are so serious about everything.

  "What are you looking at?" I asked, breaking the silence. "Do you know that store over there with a music note icon?" He asked without turning his head. Without my answer, he continued, "I have always wanted to go there and just walk around." His tone started to feel a little sad, so I sat in silence and gave him my opened ears. "I have always wanted to play rock music, you see, but my parents just sent me here because I managed to tell them how I am not interested in women."

  I was shocked, but decided to bite my tongue and not ask anything. This was the ever first time he ever talked about something so personal. Usually, when it is our time to write letters to our families, which unfortunately both me and Brian lack, Brian and I would just walk around the seminary a while, talk about anything we weren't supposed to say in front of certain authorities, and sometimes look up at the stars together while he told me a lot of different constellations.

  "Yeah. You only knew now that I already committed a big sin that might cost me my life, right? It's okay if you think that I am disgusting, I totally understand that." He said with a tremble in his voice. I don't like him like this. I don't want him to have to put up with these emotions alone, so I quickly stood up and ran to him, hugging him from the back without saying anything.

  He sniffed a few times, letting his tears just roll down his eyes. His back was trembling, too, due to controlling his breaths. "I like men, Rog! What should I do?" He whisper-screamed while he totally broke down, kneeling to the floor. "I prayed every single day and night, hoping for the answer. But after all these years, I still didn't get an answer. I don't want to confess this sin to father, because it is a grave sin. And I-" He didn't even finish his sentence before he started having trouble breathing. I just continued to hug him and whispered some words to try to calm him.

  I stayed right there, not even bothering to glance at the clock. I knew that we both would be late for breakfast, but Brian didn't seem to be in a good state, and he needed someone to be there for him.