Will It Be Like This For You And Me?

*Brian's POV*

  "Time to sleep, Roggie!"
  Roger is running around like a racing car even though his bedtime is near.
  Being a babysitter for a hyper kid is not that easy, especially a stubborn one. There was once where I had to get him out of the cupboard by force because he would never do it if I yelled at him.
  "Come and catch me if you can, Bri-Bri! Shoo~!"
  He is now running around in the house, and I am chasing him around like a dog.
  "Roggie, you better stop this now!"
  I warned, but he never took me seriously. He knew that I would never punish him for something like this. Actually, I have never done any punishments unless his parents are here.
  When we were running around the sofa, Roger was still laughing loudly. But I knew that this was the time I finally caught him.
  "You can't catch me!"
  Roger ran to the left, and I ran in the direction that he was heading.
  "AAAAHHH~!"
  He didn't have enough time to break, so he ran straight into my arms.
  "I caught ya!"
  I shouted in victory as he thrashed around as I picked him up. I put him on one of my shoulders and carried him to the bathroom.
  "Put me down!"
  He laughed loudly as he kicked his feet, pounding his hands into my back, which serves as some like some kind of massage. But it hurts a little.
  I placed him down onto the bathroom floor, and he soon wanted to get away.
  He pushed his whole self against my body, trying to push me away. But it was too impossible for him to get past me. I am way too heavy compared to him.
  I was so glad that the bathroom they had was narrow, or else I would be having a hard time trying to settle this little devil-spawn.
  "Roger! Stop it!"
  I had to raise my voice to stop him from trying to push against me even though I hated doing so. I knew that he would stop, but it was most likely because he didn't want me to be too angry with him for real.
  "Good boy, Roggie." I kneeled to pinch his cheeks. He scrunched up his face as I did that and smiled at the praise.
  "Let's brush our teeth, shall we?"
  I handed him his own toothbrush. But he pushed my hand away and crossed his arms, his smile turning upside down.
  "No, I don't want to brush my teeth!"
  He is moody as a teen but mostly acting like a baby. (Because he really is one, he is only eight years old.) I tried to think of a way that would make him brush his teeth gladly.
  "How about you try and follow Bri-Bri?"
I took my own toothbrush off that was placed nicely next to the sink. His smile quickly found its way back onto his face as he uncrossed his arms.
  "I need to help both of us to put on some toothpaste first."
  He held his toothbrush out, and I applied a decent amount on both of our toothbrushes.
  I assisted him onto the stool that he needed to stand on to reach the tab. We both rinsed our toothbrushes.
  We are now both looking at the mirror, opening our mouths to look at all of our teeth. He couldn't stop giggling when he looked at our faces. Well, particularly my face. He likes to make fun of me all of the time.
  I started brushing my teeth and he followed up. After a while, the white foam that the toothpaste created dripped down Roger's chin.
  "I look like Santa Claus now," Roger said, giggling.
  We finished off by gargling some water, rinsing out the residual foam that was left in and on our mouths.
  Then, it was time to wash our faces. I decided to use the foamiest face wash they had, because why not.
  We both rinsed our faces with clean water first, and it was bubble time!
  I squeezed a good amount of face wash onto my hands and told Roger to do the same.
  "Let's wash each other's faces!"
  Without warning, I rubbed his cheeks with the face wash before he could do it to me.
  Suds started to form, our faces looking as white as Marie Antoinette.
  Roger made me a beard. Of course. He is such a fan of Santa Claus that he wanted to make everyone like him in hopes of getting more gifts by the end of the year.
  After that, we rinsed our faces with water again, and I assisted him in drying our faces with a towel and moisturizing with some baby lotion.
  We held hands as we walked to his bedroom. I took off the blanket first and let him lay down on the bed first. Then I performed his favorite thing during the night.
  "The blanket is coming down!"
  I let the blanket float up high and let it come down right onto him. I would always "scare" him by pulling down the blanket so that his face could be exposed. That never failed to make him squeal.
  "OK, time for a bedtime story."
  "Yay! What story are you going to read?"
  I sat down on his bed with a storybook I just bought. It was an LGBTQ kind of love story. But also kind of like a fairytale. I think that it was a great idea for him to listen to these kinds of stories, making him not only enjoy them but also develop a good mindset before he grows up.
  I turned off the lights and turned on the night light. I sat beside him on his bed and held the picture book up so that he could see the cover of it.
  "It is called 'My Dear Prince'".
  I opened up the page and started to read the story to Roger: