Field Trip

AU: This might be a bit more cringey than the others. Sorry, y'all, it's been a while. Here is a little something. Enjoy. :)

*Roger's POV*

  I was so freaking excited that day.

  Our class was waiting for the bus to come and get us. Noises of laughter filled the air. I was jumping up and down like a bouncy ball. Dang, I just couldn't wait to go out and play with my very cute, and smart, best friend, Brian!

  "Hey! Cheer up a little. Aren't you excited?" I asked Brian, who was just sitting around really calmly. I've never really seen him excited before, though, only when something about space or rock music comes up. But even when he is really excited, he tends to not show it that much. That's something pretty weird about him, but it kind of makes him even cuter.

  "Yeah, I am. I am smiling." He showed me a smile that didn't seem so convincing.

  "Whatever, man. You really need to start living." He only nodded at me. Even though that looked like him, I could kind of sense something was off. I sat down next to him, wanting to know what was up with him.

  "Are you fine?" I asked. I placed my hand on his back, rubbing it. His muscles were really tensed up and I could feel that he didn't have a nice sleep from those eyebags. Why was he up so late last night? Did he get into a serious fight with his parents?

  He took in a deep breath and sighed really quietly. Usually when he does this, that just means that he doesn't want to talk about it.

  "I'm fine, yeah." He puckered up his lips like this conversation was very awkward. I knew better than to continue asking about what exactly happened.

  "Alright kids, it's time to ride!" The teacher called out to all of us. I grabbed onto Brian's arm and pulled him into the bus with me as quickly as possible.

  I sat on the window side and Brian closer to the aisle. Meanwhile, a lot of our other classmates were coming in like a tsunami. It was so intense that I could feel the whole bus shaking.

  After everyone was on the bus and everything was settled down, the bus started to move and we were off to our field trip!

  Along the way, there were many things to see: The clear blue sky, the stores that were still setting up, the people who were jogging or biking...... I felt like I was in a Disney movie.

  "Hey, Bri. Look!" I said without taking my eyes off the view in front of me. I sensed that Brian didn't even give a damn about what I just said, so I reached my hand out and patted him a few times to get his attention.

  "What?" Brian said with a slight annoyed tone. I turned back to see that he went from furrowed eyebrows to soft eyes in a matter of nanoseconds.

  "Sorry, I was-"

  "No, it's okay. I'm the one who should be sorry. I should've known that you were still not feeling that well."

  I readjusted myself, trying to not let the tears come out of my eyes. Usually, Brian and I don't have fights, but when we do, I always get pretty upset. And being such a crybaby isn't my option, but I really cry that easily.

  I looked away from Brian, because if I looked at him, I didn't know how much longer could I hold onto this feeling of crying. Damn, my throat was starting to burn.

  "No, Rog, please. I shouldn't be so harsh to you just because of my personal emotions."

  "No, it's fine. I truly am fine. Can we just... be more quiet now." If I said one more word, I would start crying out like a baby I already am.