Heart Like The Drums

*No one’s POV*

  Brian and Roger are two teenage boys. They are best friends and they share every little thing they have in their minds with each other. Girls, fantasies, music, were all not secrets between the both of them. 

  On a Saturday, both of them are in Roger’s room playing video games. His parents weren’t home, so they were taking advantage of it to do anything they pleased to do.

*Roger’s POV*

  “I’m gonna beat you!” Brian said.

  We were playing this game called “Car Racer 3”. It is a really cool game. You get to choose your characters and you can customize your cars. I know that my baby, the Blue Diamond, is going to break Brian and his toy car’s ass, but today didn’t really seem like the day. He keeps on winning!

  “Fuck!” I cussed. Brian won again. Just like he did in everything we competed in. 

  “Now that’s how you race.”

  Fuck that lad.

  He put up his arms and stretched them out. They were really long and thin, like sticks. I never really looked closely at his body before. But damn is he skinny.

  He caught me staring, so he squinted his eyes and smiled at me, like a little child trying to pretend to be good.

  I stocked out my tongue to him with one of my eyes closed. We both laughed and started to chat, taking a break from the video game.

  “Ah, feels great to be alone.” Brian said.

  “Yeah,” I said,”so what do you wanna do now?”

  He shrugged and just stared at the front. I never really paid close attention to his face before. Well, I did. But I never really thought of it as pretty. His nose is really sharp, and his lips were small but a little pouty. His eyelashes were beautiful, too. He looks really pretty.

  I felt a sudden urge to put my hand in his hair, because it looked fluffy. But I didn’t want to do that yet. It will be way too awkward. But I do have plans today. I wanted to be open to him about everything. 100% of our pure selfs just exposed to each other. No secrets, got nothing left to hide.

*Brian’s POV*

  “Do we have any secrets left between us?” Roger asked.

  I turned my head to him. I thought deeply, but nothing came into my mind. Every little crazy thing that we thought about were already said. I knew everything about him and he knew everything about me. I know that he is a total freak. Did he have something he wanted to tell me?

  “No,” I said,”At least not what I know of. Is there anything else we don’t know about each other?”

  Roger turned his whole body, leaning his side on the board at the end of his bed. His droopy eyes looked at me, with no emotions inside. I felt kind of weirded out by his behavior. He never really acted that way ever. He looked down onto my hand and used his fingers to start fidgeting with the hem of my shirt.

  “We haven’t seen each other’s penises.” He said plainly as he continued to play with the hem of my shirt.

  He said it as if it was a normal thing! Do besties really do such a thing? I tried to not freak out and steadied my thoughts, trying to take in what Roger just said.

  “Yeah,” I said, trying not to sound surprised,”we haven’t.”

  “So why not I show you mine and you show me yours?”