Thinking Out Loud

*Brian’s POV*

  “See you all next time, angels! Have a good one!”

  Roger was so drunk he probably didn’t know what he was doing. Shouting nonsense at the top of his lungs while walking so wobbly. I had to make sure he doesn’t fall face first into the ground by holding him up from time to time.

  It was work, I know. But no one in this world is going to the job. It was past midnight and everyone was super tired. Freddie was drunk as hell and John left early to take care of him. Leaving me the only person to take care of a super drunk Roger.

  He smelled of alcohol and cigarettes. Whenever he opened his mouth, the scent became ten times stronger. 

  When we were walking down the street back to my place, he suddenly grabbed me by the face. He blew air into my face and ear, making me almost choke from the smell while shivers ran down my spine. This man can give me the weirdest mixed feelings.

  “I’m going to tell you a secret but promise me you’ll keep it.”

  “I promise. What is it?”

  He hiccuped then said, “There is this best friend I have that is the blindest man I have ever seen. He is cute, though. I’d really smash him.”

  “Ah, I see,” I said. I was surprised but didn’t want to show that I was. I never really knew Roger was into guys. And the way he told me that he would really smash his “best friend”. There could only be a few of his childhood friends, the rest of the band, and me. I decided to ask more about the details about this “best friend”.

  “Sorry ladies!” Roger shouted at the top of his lungs. I laughed at his goofiness. Drunk Roger sometimes could be the best.

  “So, who is this ‘best friend’?”

  He stared at me for a while with no expressions on his face. It was hard to tell whether I had offended him or he just hadn’t processed what I just said.

  “Oh, that!” He cleared his throat as if he were to deliver an important speech. “He got long curly hair that is fluffier than the clouds. A face like an angel with those hazel colored eyes. His sexy long body, kind of like yours, slender yet fair. He is just too perfect, can I have a share?”

  He started to giggle like crazy while I was trying to ponder about what he just said. I didn’t want to think that it was me, but the poem-like thing he just said seemed to fit me pretty well. Not like I am saying I am sexy or good-looking.

  “Can I just ask for his name?”

  “Oh, you give up. Guess I’ll just have to tell you since your brain is slower than a turtle.”

  He came up to my ear and whispered, “His name is Brian.”

  I almost choked on my saliva. There was nobody named Brian besides me in his circle of really, really close friends. This was one of the craziest things that ever came out of his mouth.

  Despite my shocked state, he continued to talk to me about… me.

  “Brian is such a hottie but such a dummy. He is the smartest and dumbest person I have ever seen in my life. There are so many times I wanted to get his attention, but he just wouldn’t notice. Didn’t I do these things obviously enough for you to see, Brian?! It’s not rocket science!”

  “Um, it’s this way.”

  I wrapped my arm around him, pulling him next to me so that he would not wander off and get lost. I thought about what he just said. What could I possibly not notice him do to me?