thirty-two

Mujhy chlany do please

“You sure you don't want me to stay? Are you gonna be alright all by yourself?”

“For the hundredth time, yes. I'll be fine, Aayan.”

He just stepped closer to his wife and covered both her cheeks with his hands before murmuring; “But I don't wanna leave you, babe. Especially not after seeing you hunched over the toilet this morning. You scared the shït out of me.”

Ifrah slapped his chest, her face still in his hold, and said with narrowed eyes, “What did I tell you about swearing in my presence?” Without waiting for a response, she continued. “And it's just morning sickness, pretty normal for ladies in my position. Besides, your mother is coming over to stay with me so I won't be alone. Now relax, will you?”

“No.”

Aayan stated stubbornly and pulled her to his chest before pressing his lips on the side of her head, making her wound her arms around his torso. They were currently standing in a secluded corner of the airport while the others were in the lobby area. After spending five days in Pakistan, they were going back, for Shazain had managed to get the land for his resort and wanted to discuss further plans with his team through a meeting. The team, of course, included Fahad and Aayan but both of them were a bit reluctant in leaving their wives for the second time and had to be dragged by said wives to the airport this morning on Shazain's very humble request.

“Aayan,” Ifrah breathed out his name and he just tightened his hold on her. “Stop behaving like a man-child and get going. Sirf ek hafty ke liye he tou jana hai is baar.” she reminded him in the end and he scoffed.

(You're only going for one week this time.)

Mery liye ek saal ke brabar hai ye, zaalim kahin ki.” he grumbled and she chuckled while patting his back lovingly.

(It's equal to one year for me, you cruel woman.)

“You are getting late.” she pointed out as he didn't show any signs of letting go and he simply tugged at her hair tied in a ponytail before saying: “Just a few more minutes, please.”

Ifrah's heart fluttered at his soft tone and she closed her eyes while pressing herself closer to his front. It wouldn't hurt to hug for a bit more minutes, right? After all, Aayan Abdullah had uttered the most rare word of his vocabulary; please.

─── ✦ ───

Shazain heaved an exasperated sigh after glancing at his watch and looked around the lobby to see Fahad and Fania sitting on the chairs on his left, still conversing in a bubble of their own. His dark eyes drifted across the area to find the other couple but they were nowhere in sight. He clenched his jaw in irritation; they were supposed to be seated in the jet by now.